Brillion c93 chisel plow

/ Brillion c93 chisel plow #1  

kubota135

Tractor
kubota gx 135
Hi guys i'm new so hope i can figure this all out. I,m looking at a brillion c 93 chisel plow. with the front disc which are sealed bearings.Any body have any of these as i'm worried about sealed bearings going out and how long they last?
I disk gang looks like it has new bearings installed. That makes me wonder how long they last. How many hp tractor to pull one of these witch disc's in front and 9 shanks? As i have Kubota gx 135 i've been told should be no problem.
I guess i've had a old disc in past that had sealed bearings and every 2 yrs i was replacing bearings. Thanks for any infro on this matter.

/ Brillion c93 chisel plow #2  
:welcome:
To TBN. You came to the right place to get answers.

Sealed bearings normally last longer than the others now. All car non-drive wheel bearings are now sealed.

Yes, at 135 hp you shouldn't have any problem.

/ Brillion c93 chisel plow #3  
If you do fail any bearings they are about $41 each through Shoup. If the book is right they are large 1 1/2" square shaft bearings. Do they have re-lube flanges (Shoup sells re-lube bearings for this)? If so keeping them greased purges the dirt which is the bearing killer on disks.

It all depends on your soil type but that 9 shank chisel is going to be a tough pull with your M135GX, depending on depth. Some say 20 - 25 pto HP per shank. Your tractor has 118 PTO HP. I live in an area where a chisel won't do the job - heavy clay, shallow top soil. I had a M135GX pulling 4-16s and sometimes ran into traction problems. Farmers on other sites talking about power requirement for chiseling talk about being traction limited much of the time so they need to reduce depth.

/ Brillion c93 chisel plow
If you do fail any bearings they are about $41 each through Shoup. If the book is right they are large 1 1/2" square shaft bearings. Do they have re-lube flanges (Shoup sells re-lube bearings for this)? If so keeping them greased purges the dirt which is the bearing killer on disks.

It all depends on your soil type but that 9 shank chisel is going to be a tough pull with your M135GX, depending on depth. Some say 20 - 25 pto HP per shank. Your tractor has 118 PTO HP. I live in an area where a chisel won't do the job - heavy clay, shallow top soil. I had a M135GX pulling 4-16s and sometimes ran into traction problems. Farmers on other sites talking about power requirement for chiseling talk about being traction limited much of the time so they need to reduce depth.
Thank you where i live is a light loamy soil most guys around me are doing this with a little bit bigger tractor but the ones i talked with think i'll be ok. I can't say for sure if its square shaft, if so it would be just like my J.D. disk and i have replaced them and they are a greaseable bearings. Thanks for the great infro. So i would be able to put lube bearings on. Right now i pull a 5 bottom 18 inch plow and my 135 pulls it with ease as i used to do that with my 108 without 4 wheel. That one had its work cut out for if it was a little wet. Thanks for all the infro. Nice talking to a fellow Kubota man.

/ Brillion c93 chisel plow
Thanks for the infro.
Thank you also for your service.
Nice talking to fellow Kubota owner.