Kudos to PB Blaster

/ Kudos to PB Blaster #11  
<font color="blue"> Well, I picked up a can, but I ain't gonna taste it! - hope... </font>

Mike keep it out of your eyes too ! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Kudos to PB Blaster #12  
I bought that can about 8:45. Little did I know, at the same time a tech was starting to TRY and remove a wheel bearing on a Doge 1ton at our shop. At 5:00 I showed my purshase to the service manager to see if he'd heard of it. He tore it outta my hands. The next morning, this AM, he sprayed it on the errant assembly. Within minutes the bearing was off. The tech had beat on it ALL DAY yesterday. If anyone tells him I had that blaster all that time I am dead meat. I could NOT get the can back. Oh well.... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Kudos to PB Blaster #13  
I discovered pb blast at work and it actually flows up hill to rust! I dont know how wd 40 got such a good rep for rust. Its really a cleaner/lube. great for taking off gum from tape bad on rust

/ Kudos to PB Blaster #14  
I have some truck mirrors that have rusted badly. I replaced the mirror assemblies, but the torqx headed machine screws have rust in them. I plan to spray some PB on a Q tip, soak the rust, rinse it out, then glop some wax in there. Can't hurt any and it might help.

I became a believer on my gas grill. I needed to remove the grease shield, which was held down by two phillips screws. The slots were FULL of rust. A short shot and 2 minutes and the screw heads looked brand new. It leaked over to the threads as well. They came out almost finger easy.

I'm sold on it (except for the high price)..................

/ Kudos to PB Blaster #15  
"I'm sold on it (except for the high price).................."
Cheaper than breaking something trying to get it apart without using the PB Blaster /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Also the labor involved sometimes.

/ Kudos to PB Blaster #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I discovered pb blast at work and it actually flows up hill to rust! I dont know how wd 40 got such a good rep for rust. Its really a cleaner/lube. great for taking off gum from tape bad on rust )</font>

simple answer..... WD40 has been around for at least 40 years and PB Blaster is relatively new. WD stands for "water displacement". The PB Blaster is a new catalyst type penetrator which is a relatively new technology by comparison. I have been using PB Blaster for about 3 years now. Don't know exactly when it was introduced, but I learned about it from a wrecking yard mechanic that bought his first can from the local Snap-On dealer. At that time, I couldn't find it in any store....

/ Kudos to PB Blaster #17  
All this talk at PB Blaster has got my interest peaked. Who all sells it and at what price?

/ Kudos to PB Blaster #18  
They now have it at good ole Wally World!

I don't think it costs that much more than WD40. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I keep saying I'm going to buy some, but my wife keeps buying WD40 before I have a chance.

/ Kudos to PB Blaster #20  
I guess I should stop and shop at Wal Mart, instead of get and run. If this stuff is as good as said, it'll be a blessing.

Thanks Andy & Jerry