Kudos to PB Blaster

/ Kudos to PB Blaster #1  

Richard

Elite Member
Tractor
International 1066 Full sized JCB Loader/Backhoe and a John Deere 430 to mow with
My backhoe's ignition key has been frozen in the switch for probably 3 years. During that time, I've (every now & then) made attempts to free it. Nothing major, but definate attempts.

I've soaked it with WD-40 (my usual attempt) and went so far as to grab key with vice grips and pull with both hands.

I was pulling gently so as to not break anything, but was a very firm pull none the less.

Saturday, I was outside doing stuff... and thought of the PB Blaster I had & comments here.

Sooooooooooo, figuring I had a day to let it soak, I put a very small spray onto the key/hole area. As I did it, I was thinking to myself... "Well, this has never worked before, so IF it works now, it'll probably have to soak for a while"

Then I reached for the key to move it about within the keyhole and as I was about to touch it with my fingertips, I thought "Woudn't it be interesting if as I grabbed it...."

(then I grabbed it)

And simumltaneously with my grabbing it and wigginling it about 2 times, "it came right out"

Just that stinking fast

!!!

No more WD-40 for me, PB Blaster all the way. I'm sold.

(not affiliated with them, just a "fyi experience" from a first time user)

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Kudos to PB Blaster #4  
"But does it taste good?"

Not too bad with some Ketchup in it.

But seriously, PB Blaster is the best I have used for rusty stuff. There might be better out there, but it is the best I have found on the shelves in my area.

/ Kudos to PB Blaster #5  
<font color="blue"> But does it taste good? </font>

About as good as grease on a chili dog ............ /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Kudos to PB Blaster #6  
I agree.. It is good sutff. Not to good when it is in your eye. Don't ask me how I know.

/ Kudos to PB Blaster #7  
I'll bet all the prior soakings had something to do with it. G

/ Kudos to PB Blaster
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'll bet all the prior soakings had something to do with it. G )</font>

Perhaps...but the last time I "know" I sprayed it (with WD-40) was probably LAST summer... so it's been soaking quite a while

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Kudos to PB Blaster #9  
Well, I picked up a can, but I ain't gonna taste it! - hope...

/ Kudos to PB Blaster #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Well, I picked up a can, but I ain't gonna taste it! - hope... )</font>

It's good over ice cream! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Dave