Hydraulic Fluid Leak??

/ Hydraulic Fluid Leak?? #1  

Bohnsack

Tractor
Kubota B3200
I am new to the tractor world. I知 not an idiot generally, but when it comes to engines and machines, I知 pretty green. I have a 2011 Kubota B3200. Bought used with 230 hours from a good friend who took good care of it. I was running the rotary cutter last night, cleaning out the taller growth on the trails in my woods. I was doing this for about 2 hours. Mostly cutting soft green new growth, but did take down a few small saplings too. I do not recall running into or over anything significant that might have caused damage under the tractor but obviously something happened. Towards the end of my work, I notice a little bit of a 努hine when I would lift the mower off the ground to turn around or whatever. I didn稚 think much of it at the time. Then, when I finally parked for the night, I noticed a decent drip trail of fluid on the ground leading up to my parking spot, and once I parked, I saw a fairly steady drip of liquid coming from somewhere near the center of the rear axle. I have no idea the source of the drip, but the liquid had splattered itself to the point where the rear axle gear box was totally covered, a few splatters made it up to the bottom of the seat. The right rear tire (interior side, not exterior) was completely covered. My guess here is that the liquid was dripping down, but the rotation of the tire while driving effectively spread it everywhere. A few drips were on the mower itself. I would also guess the rear tire was 鍍hrowing drops of fluid off the tire while I was driving.

When I saw the leak, I put a container under it to catch what came out. I am 99% sure it is the hydraulic/transmission fluid. I知 embarrassed to say I don稚 even know that for sure since I知 a rookie tractor owner, but it is not engine oil and I don稚 know what else it would be. The dripping was steady until I shut down, relieved all pressure off the front loader and dropped the mower down to take all pressure off the 3 point. I came back to check this morning and the dripping seems to have stopped. I am estimating I caught about 1 cup of liquid in my bucket, but have no idea how much leaked out previously. I will check and refill the hydraulic fluid, but my bigger concern obviously is what is causing the leak, and what I need to do about it. I realize the difficulty of trying to trouble shoot this problem from afar without seeing anything, but I guess that痴 why I知 on this forum. Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated.

/ Hydraulic Fluid Leak?? #2  
Get someone to help you. get them to get on the tractor and run it thru some functions, especially the lift, while you observe from the ground.

First make sure all your oils are topped off, make note of any that are low, those are likely the leakers.

Post back.

/ Hydraulic Fluid Leak?? #3  
Don稚 know much about kubota but is there a hydraulic filter and or drain plug in area youæ±*e seeing the fluid? Maybe one is loose. Or possibly a hydraulic hose leaking underneath.

/ Hydraulic Fluid Leak?? #4  
I was bush hogging with my 2305 a while back and ran over a sapling and it put a hole in my hydraulic filter.

/ Hydraulic Fluid Leak??
I think I figured out my problem. The pipe has a hairline crack in it near where it connects to the rear "box" holding the fluid, and which presumably runs the link arms. It sprays pretty bad, but only when I try to lift the lower link arms. Leaking is very minimal when the tractor idles or when I lift the empty bucket. But the minute I apply pressure to lift link arms, it sprays all over the place. The line is hard pipe and not a rubber hose. I have a video of it spraying but I can't post here because of wrong file format. My local dealer is getting me the part and a couple seals I will need. I'm very inexperienced at repair of anything with an engine, much less a tractor. But this "looks" easy enough to accomplish. I will give it a try and see what happens. Any tips are appreciated! The circled area on this picture is where the leak is. IMG_5899.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5901.JPG
    IMG_5901.JPG
    442.6 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_5902.JPG
    IMG_5902.JPG
    510 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_5899.jpg
    IMG_5899.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 508
Last edited:
   / Hydraulic Fluid Leak?? #6  
Looks like some type of banjo fitting.

if you are getting a new one, that's great. keep in mind how you remove it so you can replace it in the same way. also clean the surfaces where any orings or crush washers will seat.

You could probably save the old pipe and have it brazed up at a welding shop and have a spare on hand.