What air tool/nozzle do you recommend for blowing out radiators/coolers?

/ What air tool/nozzle do you recommend for blowing out radiators/coolers? #1  

erkme73

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2555 HST Cab
Rather than blindly buying something I think might work from Amazon, I thought I'd ask the community - what do you guys use to blow air from the engine-side of the radiator to the outside? I'm assuming some kind of wand with a 90ー tip?

Looking to thoroughly clean all FOUR of the stacked coolers on my toy.

TIA!

/ What air tool/nozzle do you recommend for blowing out radiators/coolers? #2  
My truck was overheating when pulling heavy loads.

I used a power washer from outside in and inside out as best as I could do it. No more overheating issues.

/ What air tool/nozzle do you recommend for blowing out radiators/coolers? #3  
I have a couple of the old style long air blowers from my mechanicing days, just some 1/8" soft steel about 12" long without safety mechanisms. I slip a piece of rubber vacuum hose a few inches long on the tips so as not to stab the radiator accidentally. The tubing is easily bent by hand to whatever angle you want/need. I also have a HF long blowgun with the last few inches at a 45 angle and a conical rubber tip made on it that I rarely use.

/ What air tool/nozzle do you recommend for blowing out radiators/coolers? #4  
I have a bunch. The usual ones are the plastic pistol grip with a six or so inch chrome tube, bent at the end.

Not sure that venturi style guns are better. I never used one.

I used compressed air for forty years to clean off equipment. I find myself more and more using my Makita 4 stroke leaf blower. I just prefer the larger volume of air and no hose to deal with.

/ What air tool/nozzle do you recommend for blowing out radiators/coolers? #5  
There is a thread on TBN about a specific tool made to clean air filters, radiators, air conditioner condensers etc. Darned if I can remember the name of the tool. Standard lever operated air chuck with a wand of varying length with a series of small holes down one side of the wand. Lower the air pressure and blow out whatever is plugging your radiator, etc.

/ What air tool/nozzle do you recommend for blowing out radiators/coolers? #6  
Either get a air comb, or radiator genie. IMG_0330.JPGIMG_0332.JPG

/ What air tool/nozzle do you recommend for blowing out radiators/coolers? #7  
I've also stopped using an Air compressor in favor of a leaf blower. It's better for blowing debris off other parts of the tractor too. Compressor still there if I need to be more aggressive but so far the blower has handled it. I get mostly seed heads in the radiator from bush hogging

/ What air tool/nozzle do you recommend for blowing out radiators/coolers?
I've been using my leaf blower as well, but I can't get the end of it between the engine and the radiator block - at least not with any precision. That's where I thought directed air from a compressor might be more effective. Perhaps I'm over thinking it...

/ What air tool/nozzle do you recommend for blowing out radiators/coolers? #9  
Not over thinking it at all, use the leaf blower to get the bulk loose stuff off, but then a wand from inside out to fully clean.

/ What air tool/nozzle do you recommend for blowing out radiators/coolers? #10  
"That's where I thought directed air from a compressor might be more effective. "
I've been thinking about rigging a 3 foot or so garden hose on the end of my leaf blower - flexible to get between fan blades and concentrated blast of air.