Woods mower parts lists

/ Woods mower parts lists #1  

Harry in Ky

Veteran Member
Tractor
Allis Chalmers ED 40
I've worked on a number of mower/batwing gearboxes and thought I was up to speed on Woods parts diagrams. Not so much I guess. Currently working on a spindle gearbox from a model 208 rotary cutter. Same gearbox as used on a number of 315 series batwings, and probably other models as well. The type with a hollow square opening through the input shaft and astraight, keyed output shaft. Uses a crossbar style blade holder with two 1/2" clamp bolts w/locknuts and a 3/4' bolt, washer, and shims at the end of the output shaft. Last item is a lock type washer that fits over the anchor bolt head and then gets welded to the crossbar as a locking device.
Have the gearbox ready to install, but would like to have a few different shims to play with when mounting the crossbar. I remember viewing a parts list somewhere with part numbers for the bolt, washers, shims, and all that but can't seem to find it on any of the online Woods diagrams for this or any other mower using this gearbox.
Maybe someone can enlighten me as to where to find those numbers?

/ Woods mower parts lists #2  
Re: Woods mower parts listscs

It should be listed as a shim kit. I do not see the kit, but the lock and individual shims & washers are cataloged with the main assembly.
Edit. Found the kit on the crossbar page of a 214-4 cutter. Part number 29144.

Last edited:
   / Woods mower parts lists
That's the page I was looking for.

Thanks