Tractor
    Fullsized JCB Loader/Backhoe

Default Leaking core

Whoo hooooooooo

I was moving several large boulders for my neighbor. I had a very large one in my front bucket, such that the front right tire (which was a bit low on air for a rock THAT big) was sort of pancaked… no biggie, until I turned wheel against a fallen tree and it simply pushed the tire off the bead [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

For those who don’t want to wear hearing protection so you can hear the noises of your machine…I DID hear a faint, yet distinct “ssssssssss”, such that it made me stop & listen. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] When I stopped, I didn’t hear it, so continued… “ssssssssssssssssssss” [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I stopped…it stopped. Baffled, I continued “sssssssssssssss”. Ok… too much coincidence [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Looked around as I was backing out and noticed my pancake and saw my naked rim. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Called my neighbor, got uncles truck, loaded up 2 air compressors in it (no electricity so I wanted backup volume) got the ratcheting strap (thank you very much TBN [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]) and wala… fixed my first unbeaded tire myself in about 30 minutes after wrestling the tire off the machine. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Brand new tire yet I’ve had issues of it losing some air over time. NOW I know why. Not sure if I can explain this, but the stem that goes into the rim has a removable core. And by removable core, I do NOT mean the “core” like you are thinking of. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

The core you are thinking of is inside the core I am speaking of. The entire top half of the stem simply unscrews so the core that YOU are thinking of and which is contained in the core I am speaking of, is easily removed, along with the core I am speaking of.

Well, the core you are thinking of is leaking inside the core I am speaking of. So I’m going to remove the core I am speaking of, containing the core you are thinking of to the store and see if they have a replacement for the core you are thinking of, which of course, goes inside the core I am speaking of. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] (dizzy) [img]/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] (dizzy) [img]/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

Without having measured, the core you are thinking of is like 1/16” wide, whereas the core I am speaking of is like 1/4" or perhaps 3/8” wide.

If I’m able to replace the core you are thinking of inside the core I am speaking of, I think I will take the wife out to dinner and treat her. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

There will be a test later on which core was which.

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3710, Ford 5600, Case MB4/94, Kubota B6200

Default Re: Leaking core

I think I know exactly what you're talking about. If so, you won't find them at an auto parts store but a tractor dealer should be able to help. Here's a recent thread about looking for the same core. It turned out that was all I needed to get the tire on my Ford to hold air.

link

Tractor
    JD 4110

So you're not talking the core's core, you're talking about the outer core which has another core inside that core and this outer core is not the core that usually has a problem and needs to be replaced, but rather the other core?
    Cliff

Tractor

precisely

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I went to the auto place, (with mine in hand) and the one they had seemed to fit just fine, so I took the net $4.00 bet and bought the tool and bag of 4.

I've replaced both front tires and fingers are currently crossed. If it works, I'm done, if I lose some pressure, I'll try again (even to extent of replacing the cores core AND the core)

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Tractor
    2004 New Holland TN70DA with 32LC loader, 2000 New Holland 2120 with Curtis cab, 7309 loader

I think that is called the water valve.

Tractor

Water valve as (somewhat) defined as a larger hole to insert/deplete liquid weight from the tire MUCH easier than simply taking the small stem out?

If so, I can see how it would REALLY work much better since the hole is so much larger than the stem.

Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX-22

I would re core the core with a new core and that should fix the defective core, provided that a new core can be found at a replacement core store....... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor

Took me a while to remove the core's core... seems my core remover still had some apple in it and wasn't quite the nice fit it should have been. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Tractor and trucks use those larger valve stem and cores.

Might try sealing the threads with some ptfe compound if you think that is it. I also use metal caps with orings in mine to keep them cleaner..

Soundguy

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2400

Man, You guys are getting CORENY [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]