Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L3200, Ford 1210

Default Re: What tires would work?

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Here are the 7-16 size in a Firestone. They have R-1 tread but are actually called G-1 by Firestone. One salesman told me the "G1" designation meant "garden".Firestone )</font>

If at all possible, get your eyeballs on the tires before buying them. The Firestone site pictures were different from real life appearance on tires I bought last year. I replaced all 4 tires on a Ford 1210. The original R1's were much more aggressive than the newer G1's, although the pictures of the G1's looked just like my original R1's. The bars on the G1's I was looking at were about half as high and thick as the original tires.

Fortunately I was able to find all four tires in the discontinued design. The rears were found at one of the first places I looked, about 20 minutes away from my house. The fronts were a different story. I finally located them about 100 miles away..................chim

Veteran Member

As far as the agressiveness, it really isn't all that necessary. I won't be using it for much plowing any more. Once I (hopefully [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] ) get it restored I will retire it. Then, again hoping, next year take it to the local tractor show.

Tractor
    ford 1920 w/fel and bh, case 470, allis chalmers B 1937, JD 450 track loader, Case vac, 3 cub cadets ford lgt 125, Kubota 2230/60 inch mower.1948 farmall cub 1953 farmall cub

Hi Jay
    could you take some more pics of the tractor showing how it was constructed. maybe you could add a modified disk brake to the rear axle.

Charlie

Veteran Member

Well, with my current digital camera I am afraid the pictures would not be of any real use. If I were to add brakes, I'd want something that's not expensive and simple - real simple. I'm not even sure how I could do it seeing as I am a mechanically inept twit. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Veteran Member

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Looking at the picture (through glasses with 53 year old eyes) the fronts resemble wheelbarrow tires. Readily available at tractor supply. )</font>

Well, you were right. They must be wheelbarrow tires. I had a chance to finally go out and check the fronts again. They are 4.80/4.00-8 in size. They also said Cheng Shin on them. I was able to quickly find the right size at TSC, but at $50 a pop I think that's too expensive. Is there anything cheaper? I would also like to put ribbed tires on the front if they come in that size. It may be next to near impossible, but I would like to have all four tires from the same manufacturer. Would anyone be willing to help? I'm not sure where to begin. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2400

Reguarding your brake problem, is it belt driven or shaft? Would it be possible to add a drum or disc brake to the input on the trans? The parts would be available thru a go-cart or mini-bike supplier.

Tractor
    ford 1920 w/fel and bh, case 470, allis chalmers B 1937, JD 450 track loader, Case vac, 3 cub cadets ford lgt 125, Kubota 2230/60 inch mower.1948 farmall cub 1953 farmall cub

Hi
    check out miller tire they have a good selection and cheap

Charlie

Tractor

miller tire

http://www.millertire.com/

charlie

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4300, John Deere 3010 w/48 loader

JayC,

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( but at $50 a pop I think that's too expensive )</font>

Check their on-line catalog. I'm seeing them for $12.99 including the tube. The only thing I see at $49.99 is a flat free tire.

TSC Wheelbarrow tires

If they don't have the 12.99 ones in stock I'm sure that they'll be happy to order them for you. I have also gotten Carlisle tires in that size for the mower deck on my Yazoo mower. They were more of a diamond tread and are a whole lot sturdier than a wheelbarrow tire. I bought mine a number of years ago at Central Tractor but I seem to recall seeing some Carlisle tires at my local Walmart in the garden section.

Good luck!

Veteran Member

Well, the tire size for the front is 4.80/4.00-8. What does the 8 mean? The $50 ones were the only ones that had the 8 in the size. Will the other ones work? That would be great if they would.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast