Where to buy tractor tires?

/ Where to buy tractor tires? #1  

DeanH

I need two 11.2 X 24 Ag tires. Does everyone just buy locally or are there places on-line that you've found? Also, my local shop wants $70 each to mount a tire/tube, no calcium and I bring in the rims. Is that a reasonable number? I found Blem tires at Nebraska Tire for $75 each ($40 each shipping) but the mounting price seems high. Thanks, Dean

/ Where to buy tractor tires? #2  
I've found that the bigger tire dealers deliver over a large area even covering several states at times. One of the regional weekly farming newspapers always has full page ads. By calling the advertisers I've found I can get either a low or no shipping charge if I purchase from them. Hint: get the tire price then tell them where you need the tire delivered. It helps not to be in a hurry too. You then have to find a local business to do the mounting. Seventy five dollars sounds high when I can get a 20" float mounted for $25. I'd look for a garage that does large truck tires. That's typically where I get the best price on tire mounting.

Just don't expect them to balance the tire, ;-)

There's usually several routes that local tire dealers drive to deliver and pickup from their commercial accounts. It only takes a phone call to find out if and when they're in your area. I've done that to get tires capped. I've left the tires down by the gate and never seen them again until they they were finished and returned. If you stop and think, tire dealers are always moving tires around. You just need to tap into their routes.