Tractor
    mf 1010

Default kayaba hydro parts needed

can anyone please tell me if there is a place where I can purchase parts for a kayaba hydro unit for a mf 1010. the dealer can only sell me the complete assembly which I don't need. any leads in this matter would be truly appreciated.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3710, Ford 5600, Case MB4/94, Kubota B6200

Default Re: kayaba hydro parts needed

This company claims to handle Kayaba hydros on a repair and return basis. MAYBE they'll work with you on parts.

http://www.flinthydrostatics.com/contact/default.asp

Tractor
    mf 1010

thanks,I'll give them a try. anyone else out there that can help me?

Veteran Member
    Tractor

The other possibility, if you live near one of the larger metropolitan areas, is to look for hydraulic repair shops especially those that also sell heavy truck or construction equipment parts. That's a long shot. While the manufacturer seems to have a large presence outside the US, it seems to be far less well known here.

What else uses those transmissions? Foreign made forklifts maybe? If the repair company won't sell parts, try to find out what other equipment uses the transmissions and expand your search to include businesses that repair that equipment.

Depending on the part you need, if it's something like a seal or bearing, you have a lot of other possibilities for sources. Often parts can be machined by a shop and returned to fuctionality. As an example, a shop with the right grinder can usually restore a hydraulic pump that has worn to the point the internal clearances are no longer within spec.

Tractor
    mf 1010

the part is a 2 piece rotor that is approx. 2" dia x 3/8 thk.
    it has an outer ring that meshes with a 7 point gear like part.
    it is called a rotor. I would hate to spend 650.00 for a rebuilt just because the part is not offered anymore. will be going to the big city soon,maybe will have better luck there but I doubt it.
    thanks

Veteran Member
    Tractor

Are the two parts damaged or just worn?

Tractor
    mf 1010

the inner gear like rotor with the bored hole is completely destroyed. the outer ring has a crack in it, but I think I can still use it.