substitute kubota filters

/ substitute kubota filters #1  

familyman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800HST
Does anyone know of where I can get info on substitute fluid filters for my Kubota L2800? I don't want to travel 1/2 hr to the dealer and pay too much if I can get a Purolator or some other brand as good as Kubota's at 1/2 the price.

/ substitute kubota filters #2  
I've had good luck at places that sell heavy truck parts. Luberfiner is a brand name I found as a replacement for a Racor unit which might as well been sold on the moon for all the luck I had finding one locally. Keep in mind if you're looking for an hydraulic fluid filter, you want one that has as fine a micon rating as the Kubota.

Don't ask me how you determine the micron rating of the Kubota filter. Maybe a cross reference might have that info.

/ substitute kubota filters #3  
TractorSmart did not list an L2800, but did list an L2850 and an L2900. Oil filter was only $6.10 part # 70000-74035. Why pay $4.00 for aftermarket when they will ship OEM to your door?

/ substitute kubota filters #4  
I know my local NH dealer sells them. Every so often I get a parts blurb in the mail and theres always a section for Kubota replacement filters.

/ substitute kubota filters
I noticed tractorsmart doesn't list any parts for my L2800, nor have I seen anyone make any post references to it -- perhaps I bought the only one?

/ substitute kubota filters #8  
I did notice that the fuel filter for my B2910 is about 20% cheaper at the Kubotastore than at tractorsmart or my local dealer (prices same at both places...) which surprised me...

Some of the other things were exactly the same price, like the inspector says... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ substitute kubota filters #9  
try the wixfilter web site for cross reference numbers and go to local parts store. I think NAPA carries what you want too.

/ substitute kubota filters
Thanks for the lead, John. I didn't know about Kubotastore and I'm more than willing to have parts shipped to my door. I do enough running around all week w/o having to make special trips for tractor maintenance.

Charley