FEL lowering adjustment valve????????????

/ FEL lowering adjustment valve???????????? #1  

JimR

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti NX4510HST
The FEL on my Cub 7275 drops real quick when lowered. So quick that if you are not careful it will scare the heck out of anyone near it. Is there an adjustment to slow this down a bit? The FEL does drop slower when the lever is pushed all the way to the float position.

/ FEL lowering adjustment valve???????????? #2  
Do you push your joy stick forward to lower the loader arms, and pull back to raise?

/ FEL lowering adjustment valve????????????
That is correct.

/ FEL lowering adjustment valve???????????? #4  
It sounds like you need some kind of inline restrictor. You might try a Cub dealer to see if such a thing is available.

The other thing is technique. I'm not familar with the Cub loader controls, but on a Deere, if you push the joystick forward, you go into float. This allows the bucket to free fall, so it should only be used when the bucket is already on the ground (for back dragging, as an example). So, try feathering the controls to see if you can slow the rate of fall.

/ FEL lowering adjustment valve???????????? #5  
It sounds like you might be hitting the "float" position and an adjustment might be in order. Does it do it everytime regardless of pressure on the controls?

/ FEL lowering adjustment valve????????????
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It sounds like you might be hitting the "float" position and an adjustment might be in order. Does it do it everytime regardless of pressure on the controls? )</font>

I am just pushing the lever forward and not hitting the float position. The bucket goes down slower if I do go into float. I guess that I will just need to baby it a little like Roy mentions aove. This does work but it is a pain in the arse to do while moving. A restrictor would work. I can probably make a disk up with a hole in it and put it inline.

/ FEL lowering adjustment valve???????????? #7  
Jim,
<font color="blue"> The bucket goes down slower if I do go into float. </font>
Roy's description of "free fall" is accurate, but gravity still has to move fluid through the cylinders as the loader falls. The resistance is enough so "float" lowers the loader arms slower than actively lowering does. At least that's the way it is on my tractor.

There should be enough "throw" in your control lever so that you can control the speed. So far, it sounds to me like your control lever goes from no motion to full motion with too little room for partial motion.

A restrictor will limit your full motion speed, but won't allow any better partial motion capability. So, I'm not sure what the problem is, but your Cub dealer would be a good place to start. Of course, if you can make your loader drop fast enough to scare folks, a restrictor might correct or partially correct the problem.

OKieG