Default ramrod mini skid part

looking for someone who may be parting out a ramrod, especially the TASKMASTER 750t, or who can get parts.... our main lift frame bracket broke at a weld point (personally think its a design flaw), and looking for a used or cheap lift bracket....HELP!!
    THANKS

STEVE KOONTZ
    HIGH POINT, NC
    SKOONTZ2@TRIAD.RR.COM

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    gradall g3r excavator, kawasaki mule 2500,ford 8000,and a 1936 caterpillar road grader

Default Re: ramrod mini skid part

well i have no knowlwdge or your particular machine but you say it broke at a weld, why not reweld it or take it to a welding shop and have them reweld it, most likely if it was welded in the first place then theres no reason it cant be rewelded with proper equipment and skill and be as strong if not stronger than it was before

that is our step we are having to take to be able to continue to use the equipment.... that is the 2nd bracket that has broken in the same spot, and we havent even come close to approching the upper weight lift limit...i think the design of the bracket lets it bend and flex too much causing stress, and the 1st bracket we had welded bent due to the weld heat... we've contacted the ramrod people on a couple of occasions, but all they can (or will) do is send out another bracket , leaving us with a weeks downtime...... i think a thicker metal may help but that is up to the ramrods designers to correct....
    [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Elite Member

Why not take the bracket to a machine shop and have it beefed up? Any competent shop should be able to handle that.

Tractor
    Ramrod mini skid

Anyone wanting to buy new Ramrods please contact me first. I have had major troubles.

From Orange County NY to Lincoln County ME
    Tractor
    JD LX288 and a B7800

I almost did. I found that they were about 5000 overpriced for what they are.

I suspect someday, they won't be able to give em away.