Remember the old bed frame your wife told you

/ Remember the old bed frame your wife told you #1  

JimR

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti NX4510HST
To throw away? I needed some FEL stands to hold my loader up with. That old bed frame came in quite handy today. The wife always wonders why I don't throw anything away.

Attachments

• 460170-DSC01720.JPG
    460170-DSC01720.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 603
   / Remember the old bed frame your wife told you #2  
Looks like a good use of the old bed.
Do you always have to provide a support to hold the FEL up when it is taken off the tractor?
Did you have to 're-man' the bed frame to get the legs made that way?

I thought all CUT FEL's had built-in frames for support. Haven't really looked at any other than the Deere, but will pay closer attention from now on.
Thanks for the pic.

/ Remember the old bed frame your wife told you #3  
If your spouse priced angle iron at Home Depot or Lowes she would get a rude shock at how much it costs....I buy the frames at thrift stores and garage sales CHEAP, then use a metal chop saw to cut the ends off. The most creative use I ever found for the bed frames was to reinforce 2X4's used for screeding concrete. With a little drilling you can bolt together 12 to 24 feet long screeds and take them apart for storage when the job is done.

/ Remember the old bed frame your wife told you
"Do you always have to provide a support to hold the FEL up when it is taken off the tractor? "

My Cub is supposed to have a bracket on the loader tube. It was missing when I bought the tractor.

"Did you have to 're-man' the bed frame to get the legs made that way?"

I did have to cut and weld up what you see for the brackets.