Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tractor
    Yanmar 1500D

Default Re: You have got to be kidding me..................

I think whether it is a good thing or not often depends on the motivation of the person making the repair. Was it done in an attempt to make an improvement or was it done to make it work long enough to sell it and make it someone else's problem?

That it lasted 3 years isn't really saying much. I don't put a lot of hours on the tractor. I got it to maintain my drive, plow snow and occasionally do whatever little landscaping chores my wife dreams up for me to do. I've only put about 50 hours on it in those three years. Assuming that it was done to get it sold, the repair lasted about 50 hours. Not very impressive.

Tractor
    Century 3045, Ford 2000

So . . .
    The prior owner broke the tractor in half only to rig it like that?
    Talk about false economy!

Tractor
    Ford 1700

I'm aware of one instance of using nylon ties on a Ford Ranger's drive shaft, strapped around the shaft under the bed... except it was done as a practical joke.

When the driver took off those long loose ends would slap the underside of his bed with every rotation. The poor fellow thought he had a serious problem until he saw 5 or 6 guys at the edge of the building rolling around in the grass, crying from laughter.

Luckily, we could all run faster scared than he could run mad! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD 790, JD 6420

If that had happen to me I would have be upset ... but I have to admit ... that's funny!
    Leo

Tractor
    MF 1440-4 PowerShuttle

Ozarker
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    Yanmar 1500D

I didn't see anything like that over there Jerry.

Tractor
    Yanmar 1500D

It may have been apart for another reason. I beleive that I may have one of those Vietnam refurbs. I got it before I knew anything about those and it fits the pattern. It was shiney, pretty, ran good and had a new loader on it when I got it. It is still shiney, pretty and runs good but every time I fix something, I find something that has been rigged.

As I understand it, they take broken tractors and mix n' match parts to make one good tractor out of two or three broken ones. The more I work on mine the more I think it was put together from other tractors and then repainted.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2003 BX2200

At the shop where I used to work, we had one Eng that was always parking his car in the back where we needed to move ag equipment. The mechanics, growing tired of moving it (usually with a fork lift under the rear bumper), finally did some measuring and raised his rear end enough for the tires to just clear the pavement--they cut some 4x4 steel tubing and set them under his rear axle (drivers). Then they all stood in the shadows to watch Richard jump in his car, fire it up put it in reverse and NOTHING HAPPENED. He thought he had serious trouble, until he looked under the car.

So he had to go get the forklift and move his own car!

Ron

Veteran Member
    Advertiser

Tractor
    Kubota B2710

Well no wonder it didn't last! thats where you are supposed to you a coat hanger!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12