Tractor
    massey ferguson 245d

Default replace shredder blades?

I've chopped too many rocks with my Dale Phillips 5" shredder.
    I see the nuts (1 5/16") through the access port but they don't turn! I've tried a small impact wrench -- I can sense it laughing at me, and I strained my innerds with a 5' cheater bar.

They wouldn't happen to be left-hand threads would they? There's not enough thread for my tired eyes to see.

Any help, suggestions would sure be appreciated.

Thanks all.

Tractor
    Kubota 2910 HST

Default Re: replace shredder blades?

M41B
    I don't have a Dale Phillips 5" shredder.
    But my <font color="green"> JD </font> 513 required a 4' pipe on the end of a 3/4" ratchet.
    Still took a lot of force to break it loose. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Tractor
    massey ferguson 245d

Thank you for your input. I spoke with a very helpful gentleman @ Dale Phillips, who suggested as you did that a 3/4" 1 11/16", not the 1 5/16" I mis-spoke of, with a long pipe would be required. "We put'em on with 160# of air."

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( "We put'em on with 160# of air." )</font>

That'll do a good job, and air tool repairmen love guys like that; helps to keep them in business, since the tool's rated for 90# or air. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]