Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Fullsized JCB Loader/Backhoe

Default Re: How to remove stuck backhoe bucket tooth?

DiskDoctr

Full sized industrial backhoe/loader. I DO have a nice stout (grade 100) chain that I could try that with… perhaps I could “anchor” it to my Miata? Lol I’d sure hate to hurt my backhoe though!

Ozarker
    I have an air chisel and no, haven’t tried it. Hadn’t thought of it either

Markct
    I DO have an angle grinder and I had not thought of that either

V8dave
    I agree with you that the 2 pound hammer seems to be too puny, I’ve got access to a “real” sledge though I don’t know how heavy…

Thanks for the ideas. I think I have a tentative game plan of using the larger sledge I have access to along with the chisel I have. I think the handle would perhaps give me the place to tape it down and see what happens.

Beyond that, I have a Dewalt angle grinder, 4” I think? That already happens to have a diamond blade attached to it.

Oh… as an aside, I noticed the other day that ONE of these obnoxious teeth already has a split in it. The split goes from the edge of the skirt, all the way to the point. The full length of it. Perhaps a 1/16th of an inch wide or so. The crack appears to go all the way through the tooth.

As I make comment about the split tooth, I’m a bit intrigued as to why this tooth is so dang tight. There is absolutely ZERO wobble in both of the stuck teeth. Logic would tell me that if this one is split essentially 100% along the side, it SHOULD be on the loose side.
    [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Fullsized JCB Loader/Backhoe

Well, we've had success!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Got my 4" cold chisel out w/2 lb hammer

The split tooth came off after several harrumph'ing hits the other tooth was a different matter. I hit & hit & hit & hit. Finally realizing it might be off camber and jamming onto itself, I flipped bucket over to hit other side as well.

(repeat hit & hit & hit & hit & hit several times)

and I FINALLY noticed it rocking a bit on it's setting [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I gotcha nowwwwwwwwwwww!!

Flipped over again couple more whammies & off it came. It didn't pop off like others, but inched itself off.

Now I got 4 brand new teeth, and they're <font color="blue"> BLUE!! </font>

I've got blue teeth on a yellow machine. Good thing I've got no fashion police around me (other than my wife of course)

Thanks for the idea, not sure I'd thought about the chisel nor grinder.

Tractor
    TC-40D SS New Holland

Richard glad to hear that it all worked out well for you. I find my small sledge and cold chisel to be the most valuable tools in my tractor toolbox. I refer to them as my persuaders.

Tractor
    Kubota 7610

Well, duh? Shame on me for not suggesting what you finally did to get it off. A few sideways blows on something stuck almost always softens it up for me and I forgot to say that.

Mike AKA pineridge: you made me laugh with your comment. I'm known in the family as always going to get a bigger persuader. It fits with my signature line.

Regards,
    Dave

Tractor
    Case 580D Backhoe, NH TC40D SS, JD 450BC dozer, Ford F700 dump

Richard,
    Glad to see you got it off. I was going to make another suggestion (which you now don't need), but I picked up one of those 10 ton portapower hydraulic ram sets from Harbor Freight for $99. I have found it useful for many things.
    Lar

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Deere 855 (24hp/19@PTO)

Larry.
    How do you pronounce- Honeoye?

Tractor
    Case 580D Backhoe, NH TC40D SS, JD 450BC dozer, Ford F700 dump

George,
    Just like it is spelled [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] --- Honey - Oi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12