Kubota L2850 will not start

/ Kubota L2850 will not start #1  

musicmannt

About 5 months ago my L2850 suddenly had no power to the starter, lights or anything. I removed the battery and had it checked to find it was fine. I put it back in the tractor and it fired up perfcetly and has since for 5 months. Then it did it again. Only this time I just disconnected the battery from the terminals and let it sit the a few hours then connected it back up. It worked again like nothing had ever happened. Any ideas of what is goig on. thanks Larry

/ Kubota L2850 will not start #3  
Possibly a curcuit breaker is tripping and resets when you disconnect the battery.

OrangeGuy

/ Kubota L2850 will not start
There has always been a loud click after I shut the engine off, usually by the time I am climbing off. Is that the circuit breaker you are talking about? I failed to mention the last time when I turned the key on there was a very, very, very faint display on the dash. Might have been that way the first time but I was outside and this time I was parked out of the sun in the barn. Is there relay that would reset if I took the battery out or loose that otherwise did not release.
I love my 'Bota... Thanks

/ Kubota L2850 will not start #5  
The loud click you hear is the fuel solenoid releasing, they do that after about 20 seconds. Sounds like a weak battery or a poor connection to me.

/ Kubota L2850 will not start #6  
Perhaps check the battery ground to the frame at the frame or wherever it attaches to the tractor.

Egon

/ Kubota L2850 will not start #7  
You might want to check your battery cables for any internal corrosion or breaks.Are the battery posts good and clean? You might also try coating them with vaseline when you reattach the cables.

/ Kubota L2850 will not start #8  
Over time the batter connections (that connect TO the battery) can become corroded. Now corrosion doesn't always look so. It can just look dull gray. Scrape or use a batter cleaning tool with metal brushes, all the connections and the battery posts. When you have disconnected you may have just removed enough of the oxidation to keep it starting for while. This is very common. John

/ Kubota L2850 will not start
Thanks for all the advice. I will put it to good use and let you know if the problem arises again. Larry

/ Kubota L2850 will not start #10  
Had the same problem with my L2850 for some time now. Went through the same checks that everyone else suggested. Turns out that the location where the battery cable connects to the starter, is on the bottom of the starter. The rubber boot that covers that connection is inverted and collects water. This caused the nut and end of the battery cable to rust. Rust is just like ice, when it forms, it expands in size. This was the cause of a poor connection between the battery and starter. I was quite surprised because the rubber boot seemed to be very well fitted to prevent this from happening. Hope this helps you with your problem.