Help!!!

/ Help!!! #1  

Ozarker

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yanmar 1500D
Got the new springs that hold the throwout bearing in place on my 1500 but I can't find anyplace in the housing where they will hook up. Where do they go????

/ Help!!! #2  
I'm clueless on your specific application but most clutches I've been into the throwout bearing has springs or clips to hold it to the release lever, not the housing /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Help!!!
Here is a blow up of the parts. Item 24 is the bearing, item 23 is the holder for the bearing and item 38 is the spring. There are two of them....one on each side.

Hoping that one of the guys that routinely repair these can give me an idea of how it goes back together.

Attachments

• 465801-tractor.gif
    465801-tractor.gif
    95.4 KB · Views: 402
   / Help!!! #4  
Can't tell much from the drawing but could item 25 be the fork for the throwout bearing? It's got to mount to something that will move it when the clutch is engaged and that looks to me like the best bet from here.

/ Help!!! #5  
Looks like the spring (s) connect to the throwout bearing housing and then back into the clutch bell housing. Look in the bell housing for holes that may have cotter keys in or holes where the cotter key (s) are missing. Often times these springs were attached to the "loop" end of a cotter key pushed through a bell housing hole and spread on the outside.

Don't know your specific tractor but going from memory of some of my old timers.

OrangeGuy

/ Help!!! #6  
Is it possible 24 attaches to 25 instead of bellhouse? I don't see holes, but that's not the best drawing.

/ Help!!!
Yes, item 25 is the fork. There is no way to attach the springs to the fork. The last person that had it apart attached the throwout bearing to the fork with a nylon tie. I posted a picture of that in my "You've got to be kidding me" thread.

Here is a link to that picture....I hope:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forumfiles/462853-Tie.jpg

/ Help!!! #8  
Ozarker,

Typically the throw out bearing is attached to the fork or carrier by some sort of spring clip. Can you post a picture of the bearing, springs and fork? I would imagine the springs attach to the bearing and then back to the fork. When properly adjusted you should have a little bit of free play in the clutch pedal before the clutch engages. The free play also cuts down on the wear the throw out bearing would get if it just sits against the clutch plate and spins all the time.

/ Help!!! #9  
There might have been a couple of eyes that bolted under a couple of the front bearing retainer bolts. Do you have a trans diagram that shows inside the clutch housing from the other direction?

/ Help!!!
The only images I have are the parts diagram I posted and the picture of the fork in the housing I posted. The diagram shows the spring and bearing holder but not where the spring is supposed to attach inside the housing.

I haven't looked at it yet. My mechanic called me about the problem today and I will go in the morning. I was hoping that someone who had replaced a throwout bearing in a YM 1500 would read this and be able to tell me so I can tell my mechanic.

If not, we'll just have to figure out something to make it work. I'm sure we can't do any worse than the guy that secured it with the nylon tie the last time.