Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    TC24D

Default Re: no downpressure

I have a NH TC24, and when I remove my bh I have to reattach the pressure hose for the 3 pt hitch. If I don't my 3pt hitch doesn't move and my loader doesn't move quite right (working from a incident a while ago so the details are a bit fuzzy).

I just had to reattach the hoses correctly and all worked again. I don't know what kind of setup Kubotas have though.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3510

On some machines, when you remove the backhoe you connect the valves with the hoses, essentially looping the hydraulic fluid back from the supply to the return line.

If this is the setup you have (I have to confess, I don't really know your model), perhaps you connected the wrong line or got some dirt in there?

There are some real hydraulic experts here, maybe you can try posting this with "Help, Hydraulics won't lower" or something similar. This will get the right experts to look at it.

It seems that this would be something simple, if the right person looks at the situation.

Good luck.

-JC

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Case 380B, Super C

Were you lifting empty or loaded bucket? Try to lift full bucket. Not too sure about that tractor , but sounds like a remote problem. Check remote actuating handle position is neutral or disconnect all aux and see if hitch works properly. If it's ok, could be loader spool problem Otherwise sounds like raise/lower spool stuck or drop poppet stuck and you should see dealer. Just a stab in thr dark- good luck and interested in what you find.

Tractor
    Kubota 3940 HSTC

The downpressure is the first thing to go whenever something fishy happens to the hydraulic system on my B7800. An early leak, for example, had me wondering if I was just too ham-fisted to avoid "float." Lately, the only cause has been the 3ph lever not being returned to neutral. I put the lever back in the middle, roll and lift the bucket--and my downward force is back. I don't know how to explain it, or if it's supposed to be that way, but that's what trial and error has yielded.

Tractor
    BX23, Hustler Mini Fastrak 42 w/mulch kit, Wheel Horse 14-38XL

On the BX23 the 3 pt hitch adjustment valve is the upper knob below the front of the seat. If the valve is close (locked) the hitch will not lower. Try opening it (counter-clockwise). You will have to put some weight on the hitch to let it lower. Mine does not power down but lowers by gravity. I was told that is normal. When the hitch is raised fully the lever should return to neutral by itself. If I don't have anything on the 3 pt. and I push it to the lowest position it also returns to neutral, but if the box scraper is on it will lower to the ground, but since it is not powered down it doesn't get to the end of travel, and the lever does not return to neutral. Is that normal, and will any damage be done to the pump by leaving the lever in the down position. When I raise it fully, the pump whines before the lever returns, but does not whine when lowered.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12