Speed control on Deutz Allis broken

/ Speed control on Deutz Allis broken #1  

Johnho

Tractor
Deutz Allis
Hi Folks,
I have a Deutz-Allis 5215 compact tractor in which the shaft to the hydrostatic control sheared off. Took it to the shop where I bought the tractor, where the shop manager said he may have take the tractor in half to get the part off. I may add at a cost of 3,000.
Any ideas about getting to the part without splitting the tractor. Is there a place I could get a repair manuel for the 5215. Any ideas would be appreciated.

/ Speed control on Deutz Allis broken #2  
Keep shopping around, 3 grand to split a little tractor is simply robbery. Seems like a straightforward repair that any tractor mechanic can make, just need any seals etc required to put it back to gether. If the shaft cannot be purchased, a machine shop can use the broken part to replicate a new one. Not easy, but possible.

/ Speed control on Deutz Allis broken #3  
I have a detailed service manual.
Do you need info?

/ Speed control on Deutz Allis broken #4  
I just bought a5215HST D.A. tractor from a J.D. dealer . It had been sitting in his yard for 4-5 years. I am looking for O.M and Tech Manual .It shows 200 hrs on the tach and looks real good .I ran the tractor on a 72 " mower for 5 hrs with no problens . I have an AGCO dealer close by . Are they a good source for parts ?