welder on crack

/ welder on crack #31  
Bell,,are you sure this time? Speaking of weldor/welder,,,,,the meaning of a gorrila weld is,,,,,ugly but strong,,,some beginners,,,can't even do that,,,,they make bralle welds,,,,looks like a blind welder welded it with his welding machine. thingy

/ welder on crack #32  
If you read what I wrote, it all makes sense think about it. If you ever done any welding on flat or in a groove butt, if you go to slow with travel speed the puddle will build up and start to flow around the arc, now when your welding all your penetration is directly under the arc, we call that the cone, you can actually see a cone in the arc the bottom of the cone is the amount of penetration your getting. you should have the gun at a slight angle into your puddle and pulling away from the molten metal, and slag. Your path is always clear of any thing but the metal your fusing together. If the puddle gets in your way, there goes your penetration. That is what happens when you put down monster beads. And also your heat input stays down cause your moving along faster and spreading the heat. Not so much warping, and some times if you get a weld so hot it can actually suck in oxygen into the weld and make it porris, or called porosity. AKA: Swiss cheese.

/ welder on crack #33  
mr. bell,,,,put many a root bead in,pipe/plate,,mig, stick,little with tig,,,,and I kinda know what you are saying,,,and of course you don't want to put a big giant bead down,,if its not the right thing to do,,,in most cases its not,,,,you get your root in,,hot pass,fill,cover,,,some cases your fill cover may be the same,,etc.,etc.,,I was just kinda telling the guy,,,this,,grind the crack out,,weld it up the best he could,,both sides,,,he said he wasn't that experienced. There is never any need to use more heat,,,put more weld on,than you need,,,,once you have made two pieces one piece,,,its as good as it gets,,,putting a big cover will not make weld stronger,,,will probably make it weaker,,,,dime high,[thickness of dime],,,nickle wide,[width of nickle],,,is an old saying for down hill pipe welding,sch 40 pipe,,,,,but like I said a good gorrila weld,from an inexperienced welder,,is alot better than it being broke,,and in fixing a cracked bucket,,,may be just what the doctor ordered?? thingy

/ welder on crack
Fellows, the weldor, ahem, has done a bit of grinding, and some practicing with his….welder, but has yet to don his new and still un-soiled leathers to actually do the crack deed. The stars need to be in proper alignment for this weldor on crack to get gorilla, rather than Braille results. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I did get a bit distracted from the crack at hand by the new oxy acetylene rig in the bush, that is, lighting it up while avoiding lighting myself up. But that is another story. By the way, thanks for all the great advice!

Wilajo

/ welder on crack #35  
Well,the man his self,,,its all down hill now,,,,all this advice has got to have taken 10 times as long as it will to patch up that crack,,,,thingy

/ welder on crack #36  
I think he should buy a new bucket.