YM240

/ YM240 #1  

Jeffro

Having trouble with fuel pump timing. All the service manual says is see Yanmar Dealer. I am having to replace the fuel pump and since removing the old one the motor has been turned over. Does anyone know what the setting should be between the camshaft and tdc mark. The engine is a 4 cycle diesel and the year is 1977.

/ YM240 #2  
Sorry, I don't really have the answer, but I was surprised to see 4cyl. I thought the YM240 was a 2 cyl. diesel and the US equivalent of the YM2000 which IS 2 cyl. Thanks, John

/ YM240 #3  
jeffro,
i was told just today, the manuals for the ym240 are basically the same for the ym2000...or vice-a-versa....2 cylinder...... kioti john was correct.....
are you sure you have a ym240?
just went thru yahoo search and found a place with foto's of original sales lit with spec's....2 cyl....

by the way, welcome to TBN....maybe you could tell us more in your profile.....most of us are tractor "nuts" anyway /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ YM240 #4  
Jeffro,

The I&T Shop Manual (YM-1) says 20 to 24 degrees BTDC and shows a timing mark on the pulley about an inch (??) ahead of the TDC mark.

You probably need that I&T manual to do it right. The Yanmar advertisers here can provide it, or Ebay or Amazon. About $30.

/ YM240 #5  
Hit the yanmar sub.. we don't bite over there. Lots of dealers on the sub...

If you really do have a ym240.. you are lucky.. it is a domestic model, and parts may/are readilly available.

Soundguy

/ YM240 #6  
Guys.....guys, you gotta pay attention. He said 4 cycle, not 4 cyl.
"The engine is a 4 cycle diesel and the year is 1977."

/ YM240 #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Guys.....guys, you gotta pay attention. He said 4 cycle, not 4 cyl.
"The engine is a 4 cycle diesel and the year is 1977." )</font>
LOL. That description for a diesel was so unexpected, I suppose my mind only saw 4 cyl. Thanks for the correction! John