Fuse keeps Blowing!!!!

/ Fuse keeps Blowing!!!! #1  

ohiocub

When I turn the key to start the fuse blows right at the light position.And when i do get it to start the fuse blows when i turn it off.I put in a new ignition switch hoping that would solve my problem.It didnt. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Fuse keeps Blowing!!!! #2  
You must have a short somewhere in the lights or wiring. It might help if we knew what brand/model of tractor you are having this problem on.

/ Fuse keeps Blowing!!!!
Its a cub cadet 2140

/ Fuse keeps Blowing!!!! #4  
Over in the ford sub, an owner had that problem and it turned out to be a wire in the wire harness was damaged and shorting to the frame.

Try isolating one wire from that circuit at a time till you find the offender.

Easy way to do it is to disconnect all wires from that line and re-attatch till the fues blows. Could also check each line with an ohm meter or test light.. etc...

Soundguy

/ Fuse keeps Blowing!!!!
Problem Solved Thank You.
Now I Have Another Problem /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ Fuse keeps Blowing!!!! #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Problem Solved Thank You.
Now I Have Another Problem )</font>
Now that's not fair! You just telling us the problem is solved without saying what you did to repair it? Come on man, tell it all! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif John

/ Fuse keeps Blowing!!!! #7  
Right you are: Now he has another problem he wants help with and has not told us yet how he fixed the ist one. I suggest we not respond to his post till he opens up and gives us the repair facts.