Default Fuse keeps Blowing!!!!

When I turn the key to start the fuse blows right at the light position.And when i do get it to start the fuse blows when i turn it off.I put in a new ignition switch hoping that would solve my problem.It didnt. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Elite Member
    Tractor
    IH 2444

Default Re: Fuse keeps Blowing!!!!

You must have a short somewhere in the lights or wiring. It might help if we knew what brand/model of tractor you are having this problem on.

Its a cub cadet 2140

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Over in the ford sub, an owner had that problem and it turned out to be a wire in the wire harness was damaged and shorting to the frame.

Try isolating one wire from that circuit at a time till you find the offender.

Easy way to do it is to disconnect all wires from that line and re-attatch till the fues blows. Could also check each line with an ohm meter or test light.. etc...

Soundguy

Problem Solved Thank You.
    Now I Have Another Problem [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Problem Solved Thank You.
    Now I Have Another Problem )</font>
    Now that's not fair! You just telling us the problem is solved without saying what you did to repair it? Come on man, tell it all! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] John

Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD 4300

Right you are: Now he has another problem he wants help with and has not told us yet how he fixed the ist one. I suggest we not respond to his post till he opens up and gives us the repair facts.