Argghh!! Engine Quits When I Engage Blades!!

/ Argghh!! Engine Quits When I Engage Blades!! #1  

ohiocub

I just replaced pto clutch because previous owner said it was bad.When I try to engage blades the engine quits.
Its a Cub Cadet 2140.Any help would be greatly appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Argghh!! Engine Quits When I Engage Blades!! #2  
Check to make sure all spark plugs are firing. I had a similar problem with my Scag Walk-behind -- one of the cylinders was dead -- it seemed to run fine, but as soon as I engaged the blades, it bogged down and quit.

/ Argghh!! Engine Quits When I Engage Blades!! #3  
Is your PTO clutch an electric engaged clutch? If so, you must have created a short when you installed the new one.

OrangeGuy

/ Argghh!! Engine Quits When I Engage Blades!! #4  
On my 782 it has a seat switch which will kill the engine if the mower clutch (electric) is engaged and the switch is not depressed. Perhaps your switch is bad.

/ Argghh!! Engine Quits When I Engage Blades!!
Thanks For All your Help .It was The seat switch.SO far everythings working fine.Thanks Again. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Argghh!! Engine Quits When I Engage Blades!! #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks For All your Help .It was The seat switch.SO far everythings working fine.Thanks Again. )</font>
Hey! This is great. I finally got to this post, and you're problem is already over, and you said what it was that fixed it. Now I'm just waiting to hear how you fixed the other two!!
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif John