Default Argghh!! Engine Quits When I Engage Blades!!

I just replaced pto clutch because previous owner said it was bad.When I try to engage blades the engine quits.
    Its a Cub Cadet 2140.Any help would be greatly appreciated. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Kubota M8950, Bobcat 873 SSL & Kubota ZD-331

Default Re: Argghh!! Engine Quits When I Engage Blades!!

Check to make sure all spark plugs are firing. I had a similar problem with my Scag Walk-behind -- one of the cylinders was dead -- it seemed to run fine, but as soon as I engaged the blades, it bogged down and quit.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota L3430 HSTC

Is your PTO clutch an electric engaged clutch? If so, you must have created a short when you installed the new one.

OrangeGuy

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kioti LK3054, IH cub cadet 782, Grasshopper 721D2

On my 782 it has a seat switch which will kill the engine if the mower clutch (electric) is engaged and the switch is not depressed. Perhaps your switch is bad.

Thanks For All your Help .It was The seat switch.SO far everythings working fine.Thanks Again. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks For All your Help .It was The seat switch.SO far everythings working fine.Thanks Again. )</font>
    Hey! This is great. I finally got to this post, and you're problem is already over, and you said what it was that fixed it. Now I'm just waiting to hear how you fixed the other two!!
    [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] John