Anyone ever try an Odyssey Battery?

/ Anyone ever try an Odyssey Battery? #2  
Yes, I ran a Odyssey PC680 in my Mustang drag car for about five years. It's a 680 CCA battery that weighs 15.5 lbs including the aluminum mount I TIG'ed up for it. There's no real advantage to saving weight on a tractor though. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I found it worked very well when the car was used regularly, say once every couple weeks or so. If it sat for a month or more though, it would run itself dead. I bought mine through batterymart.com, I think it was $70 when I bought it. Compared to the brand name "Dynabat" which is available through Summit Racing, etc, that $70 was cheap. Dynabat's are just re-badged Hawker Odyssey's for twice the price.

Also, if you order the part numbers with the "MJ" at the end, it comes with a metal casing bonded to the outside of the plastic surrounding the cells. Makes for a very tough battery.

/ Anyone ever try an Odyssey Battery?
I thought the neat feature about these is the fact that they're sealed and dry cell. The specs look better than the Optima's.

/ Anyone ever try an Odyssey Battery? #4  
I never really looked over the Optima specs, and I have never used one, so I really don't know anything about them. The sealed battery is real nice though, that's why I ran one in my car. I actually ran it mounted upside down in the fender well for a while. The metal cases are even nicer because you can squeeze them from the sides to mount them. I didn't get the metal case because I was being overly weight conscious. Granted, at about 3.5 lbs/hp, an extra one or two pounds wouldn't have made much difference.

/ Anyone ever try an Odyssey Battery? #5  
http://www.batterymart.com/odyssey_battery.php

According to the Battery Mart website, the PC680 is a motorcycle/atv battery with 220CCA. The equivalent to an Optima, (875CCA), that one would want for a tractor is 13" long, weighs almost 60lbs, and costs $198.