Tractor
    Ford 3610

Default Ford 3610 Handbrake

My Ford 3610 has a 24" or so handbrake that will stop my tractor when I pull on it, but it doesn't lock in place. The button activates a pawl, but there isn't any hardware in place for the pawl to lock into. Does anyone have a picture of what a complete handbrake assembly is supposed to look like? Any advice on where I can source the missing parts would also be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

mikadams

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Deutz Fahr Agrofarm 100, Stoll loader, bucket, forks & root grapple

Default Re: Ford 3610 Handbrake

Well here's a long shot but look at the picture no. 14 and see if it looks something like what you have. http://www.bareco.com.au/files/ford2001/frd78.htm Scroll down to the end of the page. 14 B1414 Various Hand Brake
    Repair Kit All Models from 2000 to 6610

Tractor
    Ford 3610

Default Re: Ford 3610 Handbrake

Charolais,

Thanks for the link, but that's not really the component I think I need. I found a picture of something like my handbrake assembly on Google, but it's from a Massey Ferguson.

Google Image - Handbrake

The picture is shown at the bottom of the page and is the handbrake handle, labeled #25. The part I appear to be missing is a "rack" of teeth that the pawl activated by the button on the handbrake would lock into. If I had to draw an analogy, I think it would look like the pawl and ratchet assembly on a come-along. But, I haven't seen one that works, so I'm just guessing here.

I will try to take a few pictures this weekend to highlight what's there.

Thanks again for digging.