Seat Cushion

/ Seat Cushion #1  

bigfig

The seat cushions (not the whole seat) on my Ford 3930 are deteriorating rapidly. I checked with the NH dealer and for just the little seat cushion held on with a few screws they wanted over $200. The seat uses two separate cushions, a bottom cushion and a back cushion.
These things look like they're worth about $20 bucks a piece. Foam and vinyl...anyway, does anyone know of a good aftermarket company that sells replacement cusions, or does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the seat cushions? The whole seat assembly was made in Germany, but still, those cushions should not be anywhere near what they are trying to scam people for.
Ford used to be reasonable 30 or 40 yrs. ago for their parts.....any help is appreciated.

/ Seat Cushion #2  
A little over a year ago I took a tractor seat to an upholstering shop in my area and got it completely recovered, bottom, back, and inner foam padding. Cost $80.00 + tax.

/ Seat Cushion #4  
Try <font color="blue"> Valu-Bilt </font>. Put in <font color="red"> seat </font> in the search box and you will get a lot of products from replacement cushions to complete seats. I bought a complete seat for my JD a couple years ago and am very happy with it.

/ Seat Cushion #5  
One of my tractor vinyl covered seats was splitting, exposing the interior to the weather. I used silicon caulk to fill and cover the splits.

Has been holding good for several years now.

/ Seat Cushion #7  
Lots of companies sell seat cushions for tractor. TSC even has some uni-stuff.

Another option is to just recover it yourself.

I balked at a 180$ price for a simple flat cushion and a back cushion for my 1950 JD B. I cut a new piece of plywood for the bottom cushion, and used a piece of masenite for the small top cushion, went to the fabric store.. had lots of women looking at me like I was in the wrong place.. bought a hunk of nice foam.. and some marine grade vinyl/fabric backed material.

That, some simple sewing stuff borowed from the wife and a staple gun finishd the bottom cushion. I went tot he hardware store and bought 'inset' nuts which are simply thread inserts for adding to wood.. like furniture.. etc. I drilled the holes in the top masenite back, epoxied the nuts onto the inside of the wood.. bent it into the form that it went in ( back had a small arc that the 1/4 masenite went to easilly. I used a small metal temp bracket to hold the form while i measured and cuit the foam.. got my vinyl cut and attatched to the board backing and buttoned it all up. -Really- looks oem unless you do quite a bit of snooping.

I paid 15$ or less and spent a leisurly afternoon doing this.

As someone mentioned.. an upholstery shop could do it for a bit more money.

I recomend a seat cover or covering either for full time use.. or at least when not on it. I hang a 30 gallon black trash bag over my jd-b seat even though ti is marine grade material.. keeps the sun off it.. etc.

Soundguy