2210 squeaks

/ 2210 squeaks #1  

Malvern

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 3049R Deluxe Cab
Hello everyone,

I have a 2210 with all the usual attachments with approximately 80 hours. My front end squeak with the FEL attached, minor squeaking with out. I've lube everything I could, tighten every bolt (non were loose) deck on and off. What am I missing. Does anyone have a similar problem. Do they do this.

Help me. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ 2210 squeaks #2  
My brother's doesn't. Have you checked the oil level in the front end? There may also be a grese fitting where the front end oscillates.

/ 2210 squeaks #3  
Hi Marvern,
Had the same problem on my 2210. It was the pivot bushing for the front axle. Try greasing lots. I ended up sending mine back to the dealer for repair. They said the bushing was not installed properly. That was about a year ago. So far no squeaking. I grease weekly.

/ 2210 squeaks
Thanks for the posts guys.

That's the first thing I did 2-3 pumps with the grease gun. Saturday I will liberally grease the daylights out of that bushing. I'll let ya know what happens.
This is the only minor problem I've had with this tractor. I'm very satisfied with my purchase. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 2210 squeaks #5  
At 60 hours the axle pivot on 2210 was binding. I tried to grease the bushings (about 12 pumps with my grease gun) with no improvement. Dealer pumped-in a half tube of grease and it was still binding. Turns-out there are two bushings that support the axle. The rear bushing was dry and was causing the pivot to bind. The dealer cleaned the bushings, replaced the pin and re-greased the components before and after re-assembly. No binding to date (20+ more hours on the clock) and I greased the pivot a handful of times. By the way, the half-tube of grease pumped-in prior to disassmbly didn't quite fill a grease cavity between the front and rear bushings. According to the dealer the cavity was dry from the factory and the greased pumped-in just displaced in the void and never reached the rear bushing.

/ 2210 squeaks #6  
I still cannot get grease to come out anywhere. I can put grease in until the pump gets very tight, but never can pump out like a u-joint or similar.

/ 2210 squeaks #7  
When I grease my Cub, I have the ame dilemma. I pump the handle until it won't go anymore. I never see grease come out. My Dad said if I grease it too hard I will blow a seal inside, so I have never forced it.

/ 2210 squeaks #8  
I have a kubota , so this may not apply in your case . But is there a removable plug opposite the grease fitting ? There is on mine . Before I "discovered" this plug , I couldn't get the bearings to accept grease . Hopefully it's as simple as that . John