Broken Post Hole Digger Driveshaft

/ Broken Post Hole Digger Driveshaft #1  

bigfig

The driveshaft on my post hole digger is twisted (to say the least). Does anyone know of a company that sells PTO driveshafts and components on the internet and/or by catalog? There isn't much selection where I am at the local tractor dealer (and he's very high priced.)

/ Broken Post Hole Digger Driveshaft #5  
You can also try this company web page

If they don't show the parts on the web-site, they have them in their catalog. The catalog lists all sorts of PTO driveline parts including shafts, bearings, collars, safety shields, etc.

Give them a call. I'm sure they can fix you up.

Good luck

DT

/ Broken Post Hole Digger Driveshaft #7  
The least expensive fix is to take your parts to a place that supplies the tubing in bar lengths. Have them cut the required length and pay for it by the inch/foot. Take the old tube out. It may be secured to the yoke with a bolt and/or a roll pin. Push the new tube in place and drill the appropriate hole size. Bolt it back in place. You may need both the inner and outer tubes that slide together.

TK

/ Broken Post Hole Digger Driveshaft #9  
ThistleKop is right! I was looking at buying a 50" piece of PTO tubing for $50 when I only needed 15". Went to a drive shaft place that stocked metric PTO tubing. Cost me $15. If I would have known it was that cheap, I would have taken the whole assemble in and let them remove/replace it and I wouldn't have broken a sweat!

Ron