Slow loader on NEW tractor

/ Slow loader on NEW tractor #1  

kybota

Silver Member
Tractor
2004 Kubota L3130hst
My Kubota L3130hst has an LA723 front end loader. I have nine hours total on the tractor, and noticed yesterday that the FEL takes 12 long seconds to raise. I did not notice this in the first few hours of use. The dump, rollback and lower seem to operate at normal speeds.

Any suggestions about what the problem might be or how to diagnose it?

/ Slow loader on NEW tractor #2  
Is this at a high or low rpm? If low, understandable. If high rpm's, somethings wrong.

/ Slow loader on NEW tractor #3  
If you are running at higher rpms (1500+):

Check your quick-disconnects.
Visually inspect all plumbing for bend, kinks, or crimps.
Check your joystick linkage for restricted travel.

After that....?

Mark

/ Slow loader on NEW tractor #4  
I'd check the screen, painful as that may be. You can catch oil and reuse it, although most here will advise against it. If it's clogged, clean it and replace filter. My JD gets sluggish when screen and/or filter is clogged. Of course it could be a line somewhere that's clogged. Definitely unplug all disconnects and inspect. Maybe even pop them in (engine off) to drop alittle oil out. Or could be air - cycle loader up and down.

/ Slow loader on NEW tractor
After letting it sit a week or so (it seems it has rained all but about 3 or 4 days since I took delivery 4 weeks ago, what a bummer) I used it for about 3 hours of loader work and did some tests at various rpm. Fortunately, it was not as slow raising as before, but I did discover a few things I had not known about this loader.

Don't know what others have experienced with theirs, but rollback, dump and lower on my L3130 are not adversely affected by rpms between 1500 and 2700. By that, I mean while they are a little slower at the lower rpm, it adds perhaps one second to the function, not enough to send shivers up my spine that I tore something up on my new tractor.

I'm guessing because of the bigger cylinder, lifting the bucket from the ground to full height is very much affected by the rpm variance. While mercifully I could not replicate the 12 second lift time that unnerved me originally, if I dropped it all the way to slow idle (900rpm), it took 10 seconds to raise and did not come close to the advertised 3.3 seconds until it was running at pto rpms (2700). Even at 2000 rpms it lifted slowly).

Probably the cylinder size on the lift causes this, but it freaked this newbie out. The tractor now has 14 hours total, and about 9 of that is loading. If only it would stop raining. I have 250 tons of dense grade gravel scheduled for delivery tomorrow to top my 1500' drive way, so I should get some more seat time then. Thank you for your comments.

/ Slow loader on NEW tractor #6  
Folks tend to be reluctant to run their machines at the designed RPM. Don't be afraid to run it at PTO rpm - it's designed to work at that portion of the torque curve. Sometimes I'll run it slower just for the noise (but you should be wearing ear protection anyways), but rarely do any work below 2200 RPM.

/ Slow loader on NEW tractor #7  
According to the Kubota website most of their front endl loaders will raise to full height in less than 3 seconds when unloaded.

Sounds like you need to call the dealer and have them come get it and fix it.

Bill Tolle