Gettin under the floor.

/ Gettin under the floor. #1  

milkman

Elite Member
Ky. Between Dead Horse Holler and Yellowbank
Tractor
BX2200, BCS 735
I thought I'd post this since it looked really scary at the start. I had to replace a power steering hose that run under the floor board of my BX2200. The hose was routed under the floor and also into the engine compartment on the left side of the engine, then up under the dash to the steering control.
First I removed the grill guard, then the lower engine cover.
Removed the screen covering the battery, also the plate under the battery.
On the right side, by the seat, remove the plastic handles on the 3pt control lever, the 4wd engage lever and the hydro speed control. Remove the three phillips screws under the fender, and remove plastic panel.
Pull the hairpin key and remove the seat. Then the knobs for the deck height adjustment pulls off, and also the descent speed control for the 3pt hitch, it just pulls off also.
Remove the two bolts that hold the hydro forward-reverse pedal.
Remove the two 13mm hex bolts, one on each side by the seat, two 13mm on the front edge of the floorboard and then the four nuts under the back of the floor board. The floor will lift off since the holes for the brake pedal and the differential lock are cut out to allow removal with out taking them off. I had to remove the left rear wheel to get to the line fitting.
There are four lines run to the steering control under the dash, and they are hard to get to, just don't mix them up if you take them all loose, that would be hard to get used to, steer right, go left!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Gettin under the floor. #2  
I have the 2230. That whole explanation sounds painful. Hope I don't experience it anytime soon. Did everything work out good for you?

/ Gettin under the floor. #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( There are four lines run to the steering control under the dash, and they are hard to get to, just don't mix them up if you take them all loose, that would be hard to get used to, steer right, go left!!!!
)</font>

that would be the least of the danger of mixing up the hoses, on some hydro steering systems where there is not mechanical connection if ceartain hoses are reversed the steering wheel unit will act like a hyd motor and spin as soon as the motor is started, i know a guy who got a broken arm from a steering spinner knob on a forklift, he had the steering unit out and hooked the hoses up wrong and when he started it the steering wheel took right off spinning pretty fast

/ Gettin under the floor.
Yeah, hope yours lasts longer than mine did, the hoses on mine were made by Dayco and the tractor is about three and a half years old, but they shouldn't have spurng a leak this soon, newer machines have different make hoses so that may be good. The job didn't turn out to be as bad as I first envisioned, and it will take probably half the time if I have to get in there again.
A couple of years ago, I got a stick up under the tractor and broke the blades off the hydrostat fan I had to replace it, and the dealer said I'd have to take up the floor to do that, I replaced it from underneath, but now I know that would have been easier to remove the floor.

/ Gettin under the floor. #5  
disasembling a newer machine is a walk in the park compared to older stuff, not that it is designed different so much, just that the bolts usualy come out without breaking off, seems any time i work on our old TD9 dozer from the 60s, or my 1936 cat grader that bolts are always twisting off, then a simple job turns into welding, drilling, etc, sometime it takes as long to remove 5 bolts on a 50 year old machine as it does to take out 30 bolts on a 3 year old machine