Identification

/ Identification #1  

jiggs

Tractor
ferguson to20
Help. I just drug an old Kubota in from a pasture where it has sat for many year. I was told that it is one of the first that was sold.. so much for that....... it is old and the top shroud is gone, it has the radiator cover,fenders and seat. no tires, diffrent size rear rims, and in a rather nasty looking condidtion. it is a three cyl diesel, and has lots of levers around the tranny. I would like to know what model it is so as to order parts. I am not familar with this brand of rig. and do no know what if any tags to look for ... any help would be a great boost. thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Identification #2  
If you have some pictures of the tractor it may help. Description only makes it tough.

murph

/ Identification #3  
Look along the extension from the clutch to the transmission, left side I believe. The model and serial number should be stamped in characters at least 1/4'" tall. It will look like XNNNNXXX-NNNNN where X is a letter and N is a number. This information will give you the year of manufacture also, just go to the Kubota web site and look at prior models.

For example, my old Kubota was B6100E - 18xxx.

Vernon

/ Identification
Thanks much guys. And thanks Vernon, I found a plate that tells me it is a B-7100, has 16 hp. at 2800 rpms. But not the year it was built.. now I would like to find some litrature on it , and also a place to buy used or new, (ouch!) a starter,(none on it) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Identification #5  
Paul
B7100 was a very popular tractor for<font color="orange"> Kubota </font>.
I had one for 15 years, Very reliable.
Try EBAY, there are several manuals up for bid.
Does this one have 4 Wheel drive?

/ Identification #6  
Did you find the serial number? You can look that up to tell you the year of manufacture. I have a used tractor price guide and can look it up for you.

Vernon