tires

/ tires #1  

twinstackram

Silver Member
Tractor
international 234
I'm new here but not to tractors,my question is I just purchased a IH234 4x4 it has turf tires and I was thinking about putting on some bar tires what's the pro's and con's?

/ tires #2  
I opted for turf tires on my tractor due to the fact that 70% of the time it will be used for mowing. I found that last winter, the turf tires coupled with MFWD did a more than adequate job with minimal wheel slippage when moving snow with FEL and rear blade. Bar tires would be too radical for my needs. A happy medium would be industrial tires.

/ tires #3  
If it is 4x4 then you will need to keep the rolling circumferences the same ratio back to front.

Soundguy

/ tires
o.k. soundguy,let me ask you this then,if I found a set of rear tires,then I found a set of front tires,just because they're the size that fits my rims or they're the size of my others I could possibly not getting the right circumferences?

/ tires #5  
Just beacuse a tire fits your rim does not guarantee it will be the correct rolling circumference. Finding tires the same ratio as your current ones would be the issue. They could be smaller or larger than you have now.. just as long as the ratio of front to back is the same.

Soundguy

/ tires
well soundguy,I'm hoping the manuals I ordered will help me with this,thank you guys very much ,I'm sure I'll have more ?? for you guys later.