Tractor
    Kubota B7100

Default Kubota 7100 loader leaky cylinder

I am unable to identify the cylinder manufacturer and wonder how I can so I can get seals. Where is the best place for seals? Also, the barrel is scored and is there any fix?
    Thank you in advance------Jim

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Default Re: Kubota 7100 loader leaky cylinder

Did you mean the piston was scored?

A couple options. if you have a mom-n-pop hyd shp take it to them.. they can re-piston and reseal the ram. Alternately, if the piston wasn't bad.. all you would need would be the od of the piston and the id of the seat for the seal, and the depth the seal sets in for a bearing/seal shop to match it up.

In desperate situations I have seen a large expensive piston brazed and honed/polished smooth as a quick fix to prevent a very costly repair. I consider that a last ditch idea.

Soundguy

Tractor
    Kubota B7100

Piston is fine------its the barrel
    Jim

Any shop should have the capability to fix you up. If it's kubota the dealer will have parts.

Egon