Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tractor
    Case IH DX24E

Default Re: small suitcase weights

I have gathered about #500 of exercise machine weights from my local dump [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Some are plastic coated, others just exposed iron. It just took a little patience and about four weeks to get that much. Try a local welding/stel fabrication shop. They will often have cutoffs in the scrap pile that you can get very reasonably. Since mine are just going in a box, all they have to do is fit, looks don't matter [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Joe

I recently went to a local used tractor dealer and bought 4 ford 75# suitcase weights for 30 $ each and he threw in a ford front bracket which i drilled 7/8 holes in the sides put pins in them and welded 2" square tubing in the center with plates drilled for my top link now i can put it on and off the three pt hitch

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Jinma 284

I put a wanted add in the local free paper,Barbell weights wanted.Got more calls than I ever imagined.I gave a guy 20bucks for a complete 110#set included the bar,end caps,everything.then people just wanted to give em to me just to be rid of them.I am heavy with weights. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Kubota L5040HST

Every day I try to be half the man my dog thinks I am.
    Kubota L5040HST Woods 1020 FEL, Woods BH9000 backhoe, Maschio H185 84" Tiller, Sovema FM180 72" Flail Mower, JD 71 4 Row Corn Planter, Virnig 48" Pallet Forks, Sprayer Specialties 200 Gallon Boomjet Sprayer, Farmking 74" Snowblower, Custom 68" Chisel Plow, KK 7' Landscape Rake, Custom FEL Quick Tach Hitch Receiver

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12