small suitcase weights

/ small suitcase weights #1  

twinstackram

Silver Member
Tractor
international 234
looking for some small suitcase weights,best place to find them?

/ small suitcase weights #2  
Try tractor salvage yards. Where in Indiana are you? There are a couple big ones up north, Elkhart and Ligonear (sp). Smaller weights are harder to find though. I ended up buying new from my dealer /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ small suitcase weights
That could be a little scary going to the dealership to price new compact suitcase weights,what do you think? $3 or 4 a pound,sorry mind started wondering the possibilities,the thing about going to junkyards they're hard to find there to,I think all the truck and tractor pullers must snatch them up as quick as they come in.

/ small suitcase weights #4  
i heard of guys using old bar bell weights, sometimes u can find them at garage sales or flea markets, might take a little adapting, but the price will be right.

/ small suitcase weights #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ,what do you think? $3 or 4 a pound,sorry mind started wondering the possibilities,the )</font>

At my Nh delaer.. 50# weights are 50$

I've seen some nice barbell weights made from yard sale shopping.

Soundguy

/ small suitcase weights #6  
Try something like Play It Again Sports where they buy and sell weight lifting equipment. You can get deals here though they try to sell it at .29 cents per lb if you ask for old crusty looking weights (barbell type) you can get them for less money. I filled my weight box with them. Many are coated with rubber or plastic and will not rust. Good luck.

/ small suitcase weights #8  
JD dealers around here (Delaware) said it's about $1.00 per pound

Mike

/ small suitcase weights #9  
The Deere web site (configurator) shows $36 for the 42 pounders. I think that's what I paid. A note on design: the handle of the weights is conveniently recessed so you don't pinch your fingers while you handle them. That feature alone has saved me about $0.50 per pound in smashed fingers /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ small suitcase weights #10  
If you're looking for barbell type weights to make your own, WalMart carries them. Everybody has a WalMart .... right???? I can't remember what they cost but I remember that I thought they were pretty reasonable when I looked at them. They were nothing fancy, just a chunk of metal with a 1" hole in the middle. Somewhere in the back of my mind I have the figure of $14 for 25# but don't bet real money on it. You can tell that I've had this project on the back burner for a while, maybe this winter.