Stay away from hydraulichosefittings.com

/ Stay away from hydraulichosefittings.com #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( what kind of specialized commerical business zoning do they have there in Plano? )</font>

I don't know, but being a bit curious I sent an e-mail asking that question to the Plano Zoning Commission. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Stay away from hydraulichosefittings.com #12  
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif LOL Bird, sure does sound kinda strange as that looks much more like a country club residence than an industrial site, all it needs is a caddy, a golf cart, and turf tired tractor with a finish mower! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Stay away from hydraulichosefittings.com #13  
One thing that may not be too noticeable in the picture is the fact that the lawn is in dire need of mowing. And of course the picture doesn't include the the fact that it's the last house on the street. To the left (south) of what's shown is vacant weed covered property.

/ Stay away from hydraulichosefittings.com #14  
When I last ordered from them about 4 months ago, I recall that the fittings came from a warehouse Atlanta (I could be wrong on the city) and the hoses came from Texas. It looks like fitting orders go to some big distributor for fullfillment and he is just the agent or middle man.

It is possible that he is running a hose making business from his garage or maybe he makes them off site somewhere. Just because the business mailing address is a residential dwelling does not mean that the business is located there. One of my small businneses is like that.

The business must be registered with the State of Texas since he does collect Texas sales tax. The only question would be is HydraulicHoseFittings.com a d/b/a or is it the real name.

As I have stated previously, I have placed several orders without incident. It looks like something has gone wrong with him or his business of late. If that is the case maybe our moderators should pull his advertising.

/ Stay away from hydraulichosefittings.com #15  
My name is Bird ... TBN Bird -- Secret Agent. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Maybe the guy has all his hydraulic fittings and tools in some rental storage unit and he just uses his home address for the mailing address.

Not very professional, I'd say.

/ Stay away from hydraulichosefittings.com #16  
The Secretary of State in Texas charges $1 per search to look for corporations, etc. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Stay away from hydraulichosefittings.com #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Not very professional, I'd say. )</font>

Not sure. It looks like a typical small run internet business.

If you go to his info link he states that he represents many manufacturers. However, he should do a better job of following his own mission statement.

<font color="red"> Our mission statement, "Buy with Confidence – Guaranteed," means you get the privacy, security, and customer care you need when purchasing online. Not only do we offer fast, easy, secure and hassle-free online shopping, but we also have a dedicated team of employees in our Customer Care center to lend a helping hand – the internet can sometimes be a crazy place!

HydraulicHoseFittings.com continues to grow, while always improving our quality of service.
</font>

/ Stay away from hydraulichosefittings.com #18  
Of course I know nothing about his business and he could very well be an honest, legitimate businessman who simply takes orders and passes them on to his suppliers to ship to the customers. And, as stated, he may have a business location elsewhere, but use his home for a mailing address, and he may also have had some personal problem lately (lawn so badly in need of mowing might be such an indication). But it does seem to me that he would have someone answer the phone and explain to customers if that's the case, although I realize there might even be legitimate reasons for that not to happen also. It's also surprising to me that he would have a residential address listed on the website.

/ Stay away from hydraulichosefittings.com #19  
<font color="blue"> Of course I know nothing about his business and he could very well be an honest, legitimate businessman who simply takes orders and passes them on to his suppliers to ship to the customers.</font>

Bird and all,

I truly believe this is the case. Just a gut feeling though.

After receiving the fittings part of my order, I got lucky and connected to Don the guy running the show there. It was just lucky, I called early, about 7 am local time in Texas and he actually answered the phone. This was the only time I was able to contact ANYONE there since placing my order.

He told me he had a family emergency, and how to go "back home" or something to that affect, and the young guy he put in charge "dropped the ball."

Anyway...we discussed my needs, he did not rush me off the phone, and it sounded like I would get my hoses pretty quick. At the time I did not know I was charged in full for things not shipped.

Anyway, it could be this guy just had some kind of tragic event pop up. No way to tell. No way to know.

Still, first time shame on him. Second time shame on me. There will not be a second time in my case...I do hope I get my $285 that I am out back though...and feel confident that I will...thank goodness for the protection credit cards offer in cases like these.

/ Stay away from hydraulichosefittings.com #20  
Henro, there are many businesses, especially with the advent of the Internet, that are legal, even ethically OK, but not what the customers are expecting. When I bought my carport, I found it on the Internet, placed the order, etc., and of course, I got the carport. But, from the website, I thought I was buying from the manufacturer, or at least from an installer, but I learned that the guy I bought it from simply had the website, got the 10% downpayment in advance, then sent the order to a company in another state, and I paid them the balance when it was installed. So, when I bought a carport for my daughter, I went directly to the company selling and installing them.

It reminds me of an incident in 1969 when I was a detective sergeant in a burglary and theft unit and a woman called and told me she thought a neighbor might be a burglar because she frequently saw him carrying TVs in and out of his house from his van, and that he left a lot of TVs out for the garbage men to pick up. It didn't take too much investigation to learn that the guy had an ad in the TV guide section of the local newspaper for TV repair "in your home". The ad only had a phone number, no address. The guy actually knew nothing about TV "repair"; he just had a cheap tube tester and a supply of tubes in his van, he'd come to your home, check the tubes and if that's all you needed, he sold you a tube and charged for the service call. For anything more than that, he'd tell you the TV would have to go to the shop, and he'd deliver it to a real TV repair place, then pick it up later, and return it to you, after adding a little profit over what he'd paid the TV repair shop, plus the service call charge. So he was making a living and providing a service even though he actually knew nothing about the business.