I've removed injector but can't get sprayers? out

/ I've removed injector but can't get sprayers? out #1  

RisingStar

Tractor
JD 850 & 1435 & GS30
I\'ve removed injector but can\'t get sprayers? out

I'm trying to replace head and I've removed the injectors but can't get the sprayers and sleeve out. Are these pressed in or do I need a special tool to remove them? Yanmar 3T80J /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ I've removed injector but can't get sprayers? out #2  
Re: I\'ve removed injector but can\'t get sprayers? out

Didn't you ask that same question less than an hour ago?

I'm sure you will get an answer, but sometimes it takes a while until someone that knows can answer it. Have you tried using the Search feature? Many questions have already been answered, and perhaps you can find the answer in a previous thread.

Welcome to TBN. When you get time, please fill out your profile so the rest of us can get to know you better.

/ I've removed injector but can't get sprayers? out

Yes, but it was suggested I post in Parts/Repairs. Thanks!

/ I've removed injector but can't get sprayers? out #4  

If you are looking at the injector as one solid cylinder there should be a fine machine line near the center. I put my injectors in a 5" vice with soft copper jaws securely. Affix the appropriate metric wrench on the flats on top of the injector and strike with hammer CCW to loosen the assembly.

Caution should be used when splitting the injectors as they have small washer shims, spring, plunger and pin. I use a jewelers loop to examine the end orifice as they are in the microns rather than thousandths.

Mark

***edit*** I should add that this is how the majority of the Yanmar style injectors I have worked on come apart

When the injectors came out there is a sleeve in the bottom of the head and a piece with 4 holes that opens into cylinder next to valves that I can't get out. Those are not included with the new head.

/ I've removed injector but can't get sprayers? out #6  

Now I'm stumped.
If this is the JD 850 and a replacement cyl. head (Yanmar?) I don't know enough about that model to be of any help. Do you have a parts / service manual that indicates that these are separate parts? Good luck and maybe we have a John Deere expert that can help you out.

Mark

/ I've removed injector but can't get sprayers? out #7  

To remove the front pre-combustion just take an old deep well socket ( I use old impact socket ) that is just a bit smaller than the pre-combustion chamber and drive it out from the piston side of the head. Put the socket over the cone shaped part and drive it out. Sometimes you have to hit it hard. Be sure to replace the insulators & copper gaskets. The nozzles are in the injector.
Danny
Parker Equipment Co

Where's my sign!

That worked! It just didn't look as if they would go back into the head. I even took it to a JD dealer and he agreed, however, after we looked (and beat) at it closer it was the only way. Thanks! Jack /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif