New Holland 757C Backhoe-Dipper Stick R&R

/ New Holland 757C Backhoe-Dipper Stick R&R #1  

toddwulf

Silver Member
Tractor
1998 New Holland 1920
I have to replace the dipper stick on my 757C hoe - Anyonme have any exepriecne and tips on doing this? It look's pretty straight forward but at 60lbs., anything to make it easier wouldn't hurt.

Thanks in advance.

/ New Holland 757C Backhoe-Dipper Stick R&R #2  
If it were mine I think I would drop the bucket first. Then set the dipper stick down on a couple of cinder blocks to support the weight of the dipper stick itself. Remove the Dipper cylinder and pull the pins to release the dipper stick section from the boom. Reverse the process to put it back together. If I was there I would give you a hand. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New Holland 757C Backhoe-Dipper Stick R&R #3  
Should I ask ? Why are you replacing it ? Just curious since I also have a 757-C. I think Pineridge has the right approach for the R&R.

/ New Holland 757C Backhoe-Dipper Stick R&R
The Pivot Pin started to mash the protruding flange when I was using it (didn't notice) and then the Pin attaching the Dipper stick to other arm snapped in half. With the Flange deformed and part of the Dipper Stick bent it's time to replace. The Dipper Stick's about $440. Purely self induced problem. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I think the retaining bolt had worked loose on the pivot pin and as it wiggled around and partially out, it mashed the flange.

/ New Holland 757C Backhoe-Dipper Stick R&R #5  
Sorry to hear of your mis-fortune.

Thanks for the reply. I will keep an eye on mine to insure it does not work loose.

Ummm...sure you can heat the metal up and re-shape it ? Then weld on some quarter inch steel doublers ? I don't know how it is actually broke, but it seems a good weldor should be able to make a repair to it.

Good Luck...