B7610 Radiator Replacement

/ B7610 Radiator Replacement #1  

dsblcurtis

Hello,
I'm new to the forum and had a question regarding the do it yourself difficulty of replacing the radiator on a Kubota B7610. Parts from the dealer are running about $350 including seals and net guide. I'm mechanically inclined, but have mostly worked on cars.

Thanks,
Don

/ B7610 Radiator Replacement #2  
Well, if you've ever replaced the radiator in a car, you are way ahead of the game.
Take it and run with it.
Leroy

/ B7610 Radiator Replacement #3  
I am not sure how simple it will be. Looking at the parts manual it looks like a multiple step job. But, looking at the tractor it looks rather straight forward. Maybe more steps than a older car, but about as complicated as my newer Ford truck. It's do-able.

It might help with a parts blow-up. You can get your own PDF parts manual for a Kubota B7610 by clicking here. This parts manual file is 3,794 KB, if you are on a dial up this will take the better part of an hour. It's worth the time though. The fan and radiator stuff starts on manual page 37 and runs to manual page 42 (the pdf viewer pages are different).

If you don't have a pdf viewer on your computer, get one. They are free at Adobe.com

/ B7610 Radiator Replacement #4  
I read you post earlier and reflected on it a bit.

I can't help but think it would be easier to replace a radiator than something internal like a HST pump or whatever.

The radiator is only connected to the engine by a couple hoses probably. Other stuff is just in the way and not too critical...should not be a major problem, just an inconvience.

I doubt that there are any major clearance or adjustment issues.

Chances are you should be able to do it and have a successful time at it.

If I had my choice, I would much rather change a radiator than attempt something that required my getting into the guts of my tractor...

/ B7610 Radiator Replacement #5  
Don I had to remove the radiator from my last tractor more than once because vibration issues were eventually fatiguing and breaking the solder joint on the lower hose connection. Although it wasn't a five minute job to remove the radiator it was rather straight forward and fairly easy to do. I'm sure you won't have any problems, and if any unexpected surprises should jump up then you have the knowledge base of the TBN members here to assist you further.