Discount tires

/ Discount tires #1  

sherpa

Platinum Member
Tractor
2004 NH TC33D & 2014 NH Boomer 24
Does anyone know of a place you can order Ag tires on line at a discounted price. I need 2 front Ag tires size 23X8.50-12 for my B50 TLB. I can mount them myself.
Sherpa

/ Discount tires #2  
When I restore old tractors I skip the tractor dealers and go to the discount tire store near my office. They have ordered me tires on numerous occasions for tractors and the prices always seemed to be very good. The first time I did it they hadn't ever done it before, but they finally figured out that a Firestone 3 ridge front tire for an old tractor is made by the same Firestone that makes car tires so they ordered them. I think I've gotten 6 different tires from them in the last several years for older tractors. I suspect a tractor dealer probably orders tires from a tire dealer and then marks them up?

/ Discount tires #4  
Don, one of the problems I encounted was shipping costs.

Now I didn't get a price quote from Gemplers on tires, but I have tried to buy tires mail order from the Tirerack and shipping always made them more expensive than buying local. And Tirerack has a warehouse that is only about 100 miles away from me in the South Bend, IN area.