Battery Going Dead...Wiring?

/ Battery Going Dead...Wiring? #11  
He can do this with his vom if it has a sufficient current scale.. or even with a simple auto lamp.. like a 194 bulb.. sometimes you need the lower wattage bulbs to detect very low current flows. If he doesn't have a meter or a test lite.. that 10$ will be best spent on a 4.99 or 9.99 vom.. and a 99 cent trailer marker light with a wire pig tail he can use as a test lite..

Soundguy

/ Battery Going Dead...Wiring?
I wanted to check the alternator before I did anything. I took it off and noticed the plug clip that goes into the alternator was in backwards . The alternator checked out good at the auto parts store. I did buy a test light just in case. Probably won't get back out the farm to test it until next week.

Do you think the alternator wires being switched (plug in backwards) caused the battery to lose it's charge?

/ Battery Going Dead...Wiring? #13  
Yes.. you had the p2 wire which is hooked to the battery, or charge stud, fitted to p1 terminal which is field power.. you were just sitting there powering the field forever...

Soundguy

/ Battery Going Dead...Wiring?
Hope that's the only cause of the problems I had with the battery going dead. I had the alternator checked...it was fine. Just got everything hooked up today with a freshly charged battery. Will see if it starts next weekend. Thanks.