Hydralic pump location and repair

/ Hydralic pump location and repair #1  

snakeeater

Tractor
L235 Kubota
Anybody know where the hydralic pump on a Kubota L235 is located..I think it's under the seat but I'm not sure..also, info on how to repair it or is it best to replace with new..and, is the pump gear driven or what..help....

/ Hydralic pump location and repair #2  
The hydraulic pump on the L235 is engine mounted.
New pump costs about $350.00

/ Hydralic pump location and repair
Thanks for the reply..is there a screen in the hydralic system that can be cleaned as part of the filter change..if so, where is such a screen located..

/ Hydralic pump location and repair #4  
There is a spin on filter located next to to the hyd. pump, I don't beleive there is a screen anywhere.

/ Hydralic pump location and repair #5  
If its anything like the l245 its on thru right side of the eng. A and there is a screen in the rear axle case

/ Hydralic pump location and repair #6  
The hydraulic pump usually drives off of the back of the injection pump. Follow the feed pipe ( larger diameter of the two hydraulic lines going to pump) back to the transmission housing and see if there is a banjo bolt going thru pipe to hold it to housing. If so, this banjo bolt should have a screen on it which will be your suction strainer to the pump. This is the case on my B2400. Warning!! Loosening the strainer without draining trans fluid WILL result in a large mess!! Been there, done it, bought the "T" shirt!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif