Silver Member
    Tractor
    international 234

Default oil pressure gauge

The tractor I just got has an idiot light,I'm wanting to put a regular oil pressure gauge on,it's a IH 234 w/mitsubishi K3B engine,the sending unit for the idiot light is mounted just down from the oil filter,my question is this,there are two plugs with allen heads one closer to the filter than the sending unit that is on there for the light,and one after the sending unit ,ca I use one of these for a REAL gauge?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3130HST w/LA723 loader

Default Re: oil pressure gauge

I don't know if that other plug goes into a pressurized oil galley or not. You can always put a tee in with the swith and a pressure sender screwed into the tee.

Vernon

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

I agree with Tex.. it is very common to simmply add a t connector, and then use both an idiot light and a gauge. Some people even just leave the gauge down by the block.. somewhat reminiscant of IH, where the oil gauge was situated right at the oil filter housing.

Soundguy

Silver Member
    Tractor
    international 234

thats what I was wandering soundguy,my dad has 11 or 12 old farmalls,I was thinking I might be able to put a gauge on like the old farmalls save having to mount a gauge on the dash where it might be in the way,puting a tee in ,will that effect the readings for either gauge running two off one port?

Elite Member
    Tractor
    IH 2444

The T should not effect the readings since there is not flow just static pressure in the gauge lines.

Ben