RAW FUEL OUT OF EXHAUST STOPPED

/ RAW FUEL OUT OF EXHAUST STOPPED #1  

frank360

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2615
i think that i might have narrow the problem down, first going by my last post i said that i was taken head off and bring it to get presure tested well i did head was warped so he shaved a little off outher than that it checked good so i put back on and check to see if that was the problem well no luck sill there so i pulled injectors out and poured oil in the hole put back together started no fumes and no miss at all so iam thinking what thats telling me so the next day i tried again and it started with same problem again so what could it be

/ RAW FUEL OUT OF EXHAUST STOPPED #2  
Remove the valve cover and leave the throttle at idle and crank it up make sure you have all the rocker arms moving.....wellll that may be it but it runs good till ya get it wound up... Check the Airfilter make sure its not clogged up they will miss roll the blue and white smoke out if its not getting enough air ,,,,, whene reved up but run fine at lower rpms.. And still could be injectors ,,,,, Had a ford 3000 up here i was working on once , anything above 1500 or more she would dump the fuel thru the exhaust and smoke like crazy.... I went thru the injectors found #2 cylinder was bad that was most of it ,, Stuck new injectors in it , same thing , advanced the timming , wound it up same thing miss smoke and carry on..... swung the battery out and unhooked the thermostart line thought it may be pulling fuel thru it , as i reved it up the rubber hose on the intake from the filter caught my eye as it was sucking shut the more fuel i gave it ,,,,,, cleaned the filter up OIL Bath type ,, put it back togather and the smoke and miss was gone . Might pay to check the air filter....... Watch about pouring oil in the cylinder of a diesel engine with the head on... Very easy to hydro lock the cylinder or get it running off for a few till it burns the oil out , 1 cylinder might not be bad but all 2-4 what ever yours has omg wind up city and pulling the shut down lever wont killit ,, till the oil is burnt up

/ RAW FUEL OUT OF EXHAUST STOPPED
new air filter and new injectors and pump could it be valve related thats not sealing

/ RAW FUEL OUT OF EXHAUST STOPPED #4  
frank,if i read this right,you poured oil in the injector holes and started the engine and it ran ok,then the next day you had the raw fuel coming out again.i would have to say you have broken ring(s) on the pistons,the oil is heavy enough to temporairly seal the broken place on the ring,then overnight it drains through the ring and you get the fuel in the exhaust again because of low or no compression.

/ RAW FUEL OUT OF EXHAUST STOPPED #5  
I tend to agree with DieselDoc, it could be a broken ring or worse yet a cracked piston. Have you ever used "starting fluid"? I've seen some extreme damage done to pistons by the use of these, not good to use on the more "modern" diesels.

When you replaced the injectors did you use an injector tube brush to throughly clean all carbon out of the tubes? Made sure all the O-rings are on the injectors? If all that was done and is OK, check your fuel return line, make sure it is not crimped or pluged. Next, check your fuel cap to make sure the pressure/vent is functioning as hot returning fuel will pressurise the fuel tank forcing excess fuel to the pump etc.

Also one of the easiest ways to find out which cylinder is the problem (an hand held thermometer would be handy for this) is to check the temp of each exhaust port at the manifold, the problem cylinder port will be slightly cooler.

new rings was installed last year,it made no change could it be the piston liners?maybe a hair line crack in one.

/ RAW FUEL OUT OF EXHAUST STOPPED #7  
I f you had a craked liner you would either have water in your oil OR oil in your water. You said you have a "raw" fuel problem. I would check all the "O" rings on the injectors to make sure they are in good condition (no nicks etc.) and sealing tight. Where the injectors tested prior to install?
All fuel return lines clear? For some reson there seems to be excess fuel finding its way into one or more cylinders. Try the "exchaust temp" check if possible. If not, you can also pull the exhaust manifold, check each port in the head, the cylinder(s) with the excess fuel will be wet with unburned fuel.

/ RAW FUEL OUT OF EXHAUST STOPPED #8  
Is engine running rough? Usually first thing I do is crack individual inj lines and listen for effect. The one that doesn't affect idle property is culprit cylinder. Give you a place to concentrate your efforts. Good luck.

what o rings i have cooper gaskets on bottom of them

/ RAW FUEL OUT OF EXHAUST STOPPED #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( what o rings i have cooper gaskets on bottom of them )</font>
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I just recommended cyl power test, so you have place to concentrate efforts. Find the dead cyl in other words.

I think the truck driver was refering to fuel o-rings farther up on inj. The copper gasket is for compression. containment.