Case 210 Lawn tractor- drive belt

/ Case 210 Lawn tractor- drive belt #1  

centurion

I own a 1984 Case 210 Tractor that runs great and is in great condition. I am having a problem keeping the drive belt on. It stays on until I shift gears. Sometimes it stays on, but more often comes off when I shift. There does seem to be a little slack in the belt. I have lubricated where the bar from the idler pulley attaches, but have not tried anything else. I am not a mechanic by any means, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

/ Case 210 Lawn tractor- drive belt #2  
If the belt has some slack in it... thats probably the problem. If it's an old belt, it has probably stretched and should be replaced.

/ Case 210 Lawn tractor- drive belt
Thanks for getting back to me so fast. This was my first time on this board. Looks like I'll be back for more in the future.

/ Case 210 Lawn tractor- drive belt #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks for getting back to me so fast. This was my first time on this board. Looks like I'll be back for more in the future. )</font>
Welcome to TBN Centurion. Glad you found your answer. One usually does on here. As they say in AA, "Keep coming back, it works!" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif John