Default Case 210 Lawn tractor- drive belt

I own a 1984 Case 210 Tractor that runs great and is in great condition. I am having a problem keeping the drive belt on. It stays on until I shift gears. Sometimes it stays on, but more often comes off when I shift. There does seem to be a little slack in the belt. I have lubricated where the bar from the idler pulley attaches, but have not tried anything else. I am not a mechanic by any means, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tractor
    Kubota B2620, Toro 2000 Series Z Master

Default Re: Case 210 Lawn tractor- drive belt

If the belt has some slack in it... thats probably the problem. If it's an old belt, it has probably stretched and should be replaced.

Thanks for getting back to me so fast. This was my first time on this board. Looks like I'll be back for more in the future.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks for getting back to me so fast. This was my first time on this board. Looks like I'll be back for more in the future. )</font>
    Welcome to TBN Centurion. Glad you found your answer. One usually does on here. As they say in AA, "Keep coming back, it works!" [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] John

Tractor
    L3800 w/FEL and BH77, BX 2200 w/FEL and MMM

Centurion,
    Visit this Yahoo group for Case garden tractors. People on this site know everything about them. They can also help you find new and used parts.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/casegardentractors/